Honored Contributor

Re: Someone Paid It Forward Today!

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I am not a coffee drinker but my daughter goes to Starbucks quite a bit and this has happened to her, particularly at Starbucks, over 10 times. That is a lot so it must happen frequently. Though she is there nearly every day of the week! lol!

I had a bite of a breakfast sandwich she got there one day, I do have to say I normally hate breakfast fast food sandwiches but that one was really good. Think it had cheddar cheese and bacon on it and the roll was a round one but was flaky like a crossaint. Quite good. I should stop there tomorrow!

@Irshgrl31201  I rotate among three of their breakfast sandwiches and they are all very, very good.  I know the one you described and it is on a croissant, called the double smoked bacon cheddar and egg sandwich.  I usually get the bacon, gouda & egg breakfast sandwich because the gouda cheese in it is so good. It is very filling which is why I have it for lunch (I'm not that hungry at breakfast time).  

"Sizzling Applewood smoked bacon, melty aged Gouda and a parmesan frittata are layered on an artisan roll for extra smoky breakfast goodness."  That is the sandwich I got treated to by the driver ahead of me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Yes you can do both if you choose but I would sooner use the money for a real cause or to do a real act of kindness with it and not just pay for the person behind me which is not really going out of your way to do anything. 

A little, unexpected act of generosity and kindness is "real", @Pook, and I think each one has the potential to ripple outward, touching more people. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Pearly for answering my question.  I will look forward to do that kind gesture too.  Glad you got treated...it certainly is an uplifting endeavor.

Respected Contributor

I had this happen to me two weeks ago at McDonald's.  They have those double drive thrus and it was my turn to go.  A car sped up and got in front of me.  I am ashamed to say that my thoughts were not very pleasant at that point. 

When I got up to the window, I was told that my order was paid for by the car in front of me.  I cried and then quickly did the same for the car behind me.  I didn't get a chance to thank my benofactor but I was thanked by the two ladies behind me at the red light.  That felt so good to "pay it forward."Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I am not a coffee drinker but my daughter goes to Starbucks quite a bit and this has happened to her, particularly at Starbucks, over 10 times. That is a lot so it must happen frequently. Though she is there nearly every day of the week! lol!

I had a bite of a breakfast sandwich she got there one day, I do have to say I normally hate breakfast fast food sandwiches but that one was really good. Think it had cheddar cheese and bacon on it and the roll was a round one but was flaky like a crossaint. Quite good. I should stop there tomorrow!

@Irshgrl31201  I rotate among three of their breakfast sandwiches and they are all very, very good.  I know the one you described and it is on a croissant, called the double smoked bacon cheddar and egg sandwich.  I usually get the bacon, gouda & egg breakfast sandwich because the gouda cheese in it is so good. It is very filling which is why I have it for lunch (I'm not that hungry at breakfast time).  

"Sizzling Applewood smoked bacon, melty aged Gouda and a parmesan frittata are layered on an artisan roll for extra smoky breakfast goodness."  That is the sandwich I got treated to by the driver ahead of me.

Mmmm! I love gouda so I will definitely check this one out, thanks for the tip @Pearlee!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201  If you do order that one, ask when you order that they please warm it up a little longer than usual.  (It's not a microwave it's a convection oven and the bread used comes out so good).  The reason I do that is that if they don't warm it a bit extra (but not a double cycle - more like one and a half cycles if they ask) the gouda isn't quite melted enough for me.  After the first one I ever ate, I always asked for it to be warmed a bit longer and they are happy to oblige. That's the only one of the three I order where I ask that - it's thick slice of gouda used and I want to be sure it's all melted through and through.  Yummy - I want one now!

Esteemed Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@x Hedge, there was another one you had written that was in a different language so I used my Bing translator..  What was that by the way. 

Beats me @Suziepeach !

I'm always popping back and forth between mobile and full view, but on a handheld device.

I've seen my posts change fonts and letter size by themselves in the middle of my post, but thats the first time it viewed as English on my phone, and another language on the PC screen.

Talk about incompatibility adjustments!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  If you do order that one, ask when you order that they please warm it up a little longer than usual.  (It's not a microwave it's a convection oven and the bread used comes out so good).  The reason I do that is that if they don't warm it a bit extra (but not a double cycle - more like one and a half cycles if they ask) the gouda isn't quite melted enough for me.  After the first one I ever ate, I always asked for it to be warmed a bit longer and they are happy to oblige. That's the only one of the three I order where I ask that - it's thick slice of gouda used and I want to be sure it's all melted through and through.  Yummy - I want one now!

Thanks, my pet peeve is when I order a burger and the cheese isn't completely melted. I want one now too! I didn't eat anything today. Can you get them at night, I may go up there is one not far from me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Thanks, my pet peeve is when I order a burger and the cheese isn't completely melted. I want one now too! I didn't eat anything today. Can you get them at night, I may go up there is one not far from me.

They actually might still have one @Irshgrl31201.   They supposedly serve them all day and I've gotten them as late as 5:00 pm (the latest I've ever asked for one) but they can run out.  And on weekends they do use them up faster and I wouldn't count on getting one after lunchtime.  But they are supposedly available all day.  So they very well might.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

They actually might still have one @Irshgrl31201.   They supposedly serve them all day and I've gotten them as late as 5:00 pm (the latest I've ever asked for one) but they can run out.  And on weekends they do use them up faster and I wouldn't count on getting one after lunchtime.  But they are supposedly available all day.  So they very well might.

Thanks! I texted my husband who is on his way home from Rotary club. I will let you know. Thanks for the suggestions @Pearlee

JFK