Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My sofa is 17 yrs old, it was a expensive one when we bought it,it has held up well,but i really need a new one,can not afford expensive, want made in usa,been looking on line  i have not been to stores yet, what names do you like.

Eight way hand tied construction with a minimum of 2.2 high density foam cushions.  Do not purchase anything with less than a 1.8 density foam cushion (they won't last) @goldensrbest.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

DH & I are in the market for a black "leatherish" loveseat & matching chair.  We went to Rooms-To-Go & are considering this one.  It has power stations that light up in the cup holders, power recliner as well.  My concern is what happens if the power fails on these functions?  

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

DH & I are in the market for a black "leatherish" loveseat & matching chair.  We went to Rooms-To-Go & are considering this one.  It has power stations that light up in the cup holders, power recliner as well.  My concern is what happens if the power fails on these functions?  

Be careful with leather furnishings.  Educate yourself and know what you're getting.  Unscrupulous dealings when it comes to leather furniture.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

If the power functions go out, just let the stewardess know. 

Respected Contributor

@noodleann, too funny!! 

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

Be careful with leather furnishings.  Educate yourself and know what you're getting.  Unscrupulous dealings when it comes to leather furniture.

@itiswhatitis, you got that right!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest,  I ended up buying one from IKEA.  It is a slipcover sofa and looks great and it is comfortable but not sagging.  Over the years, I spent a lot of money on sofas and now I did not think I needed to.  At first I had off white slip covers but I changed to a khaki and the slipcovers were less than $50 but they do have more expensive ones.  I have this sofa for 5 or 6 years now and no problems.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

My sofa is 17 yrs old, it was a expensive one when we bought it,it has held up well,but i really need a new one,can not afford expensive, want made in usa,been looking on line  i have not been to stores yet, what names do you like.

@goldensrbest  -  I like Baker Furniture and Hickory Chair Company; both are high end furniture companies.  Reupholstering may be another option for you, if your frame is still good.  It can be expensive though.  Fabric can run quite a bit and then the labor to reupholster.  If you like the frame, this may be an option. 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop

RUN RUN from Rooms To Go####!!!!😤😤😤😤😤

Trust me I know...December,2013 I purchased a "leather sofa & loveseat" from these deceptive salespeople & company!!!!!! Bought "leather protection & warranty package - extra $300 for 5 year coverage + $2,300 for sofas.

May, 2014 the couch started to discolor. More like staining -- the answer "light colored leather will pick up colored fabrics". After much complaining and threatening legal action - replaced both sofas (even though  warranty not enforced considered wear & tear).

In December, 2015 this is what the couches look like:

IMG_1803.JPG

In Feb, 2016 they offered me $400 store credit and I had to sign off no further claims can be made - I refused as just recently Kane's furniture settled a class action suit and customers are being refunded the purchase price for the "leather" which turned out to be fake!

Ive been shopping for 6 months and believe me I did my homework - I'm buying LazyBoy "American made" and not massed produced. (I have recliners that are 15 years old - no sagging, fabric still nice - I just donated them to Habitat as I changed my colors). More expensive but worth it! I don't trust Ashley, Kane's, Havertys, American Signature,etc.

Be careful when they say "leather" where you sit -- it's as thin as a piece of paper bonded to cloth!

Honored Contributor

I have a Broyhill sofa in my living room. I won't even tell how old it isrolling eyes.gif but it's been slip-covered most of it's life and people still comment on how comfy it is.  When I feel the need, I will probably just buy another slip cover for it...it's that good.Woman Very Happy