Esteemed Contributor

I have a Soda Stream, and was notified about this a few days ago.  The recall is only for their dishwasher-safe bottles, not the regular bottles which are much more common.

I received mine as a gift a few years ago, and I love it.  I don't use it to make soda.  I just make seltzer, and add lemon, lime, cucumbers, or whatever to each glass.  It's the most refreshing thing in the world!  I've been drinking seltzer with lemon for decades, so this was the most perfect gift for me.

It's better for the environment than buying bottles of soda or seltzer, and it saves having to carry bottles from the supermarket.  It's also very cost-effective. 

So I'm clearly in the minority here.  But I use it every day and wouldn't be without it.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan

you are not alone.....i love my sodastream also. i think i have had it for about four years now? it is great when you are having a party. i can make lots of club soda or tonic for cocktails. i like some of the flavors also. it doesnt sit on my counter, it sits UNDER my counter so no taking up any space.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@NYC Susan

you are not alone.....i love my sodastream also. i think i have had it for about four years now? it is great when you are having a party. i can make lots of club soda or tonic for cocktails. i like some of the flavors also. it doesnt sit on my counter, it sits UNDER my counter so no taking up any space.

It's good to know I'm not alone!  :-)

Mine is on my counter because I use it every day, often several times a day.  The newer models look more updated than what I have, but mine is one of the originals and so far there's been no need to replace it.  One of my favorite things ever!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Soda Stream Recall

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never even considered one.  I never saw the point.  Just another machine to clog up my counter.  Like Keurig machines...I never got the point of those either. 

It's the convenience of the Keurig. I just made a single cup of coffee...far easier than having to make an entire pot of coffee. 

Oh, but @Trinity11, there are those who feel that convenience (over cost or...?) is just being wasteful and lazy. And anyone who buys a Keurig is...is...someone who would buy an Apple product, or a Dyson, or heaven knows what to flaunt their wealth and laziness, dear me! 😜

Wow, that's a huge inaccurate generalizaton. Flaunting laziness and wealth?? Woman Frustrated I buy 80 pods at Ollies for no more than $24.99, I have percent off coupons sometimes. That's 80 cups of delicious coffee- almost 3 months! - with  zero waste.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never even considered one.  I never saw the point.  Just another machine to clog up my counter.  Like Keurig machines...I never got the point of those either. 

It's the convenience of the Keurig. I just made a single cup of coffee...far easier than having to make an entire pot of coffee. 

Oh, but @Trinity11, there are those who feel that convenience (over cost or...?) is just being wasteful and lazy. And anyone who buys a Keurig is...is...someone who would buy an Apple product, or a Dyson, or heaven knows what to flaunt their wealth and laziness, dear me! 😜

Wow, that's a huge inaccurate generalizaton. Flaunting laziness and weath?? Woman Frustrated I buy 80 pods at Ollies for no more than $24.99, I have percent off coupons sometimes. That's 80 cups of delicious coffee- almost 3 months! - with  zero waste.

You're absolutely right - which was my point.  You clearly missed the sarcasm. It never was MY POV, but the POV of those who diss Keurigs, Apple products and Dyson products as overpriced and bought by those with more money than sense - which I do NOT believe.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: Soda Stream Recall

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Wow, that's a huge inaccurate generalizaton. Flaunting laziness and weath?? Woman Frustrated I buy 80 pods at Ollies for no more than $24.99, I have percent off coupons sometimes. That's 80 cups of delicious coffee- almost 3 months! - with  zero waste.

@Ibby114, Moonchilde is being facetious..... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think you missed her point.  @Moonchilde wasn't saying she feels that way.  It's just that others here have expressed the attitude she was conveying.  She said, "there are those who feel...", so clearly she wasn't speaking for herself.

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think you missed her point.  @Moonchilde wasn't saying she feels that way.  It's just that others here have expressed the attitude she was conveying.  She said, "there are those who feel...", so clearly she wasn't speaking for herself.

Thanks all for the explanation- I didn't hear the sarcasm via the typed word!!  Woman LOL We need better emojis on this board!!