Esteemed Contributor

Soda Stream is recalling the carbonating bottles, because the might explode.

http://http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/22/news/companies/sodastream-recall/index.html?sr=fbCNN022217sod...

Honored Contributor

Honestly these always seemed just plain ridiculous to me. Had a neighbor who tried one and it ended up in the trash!

Honored Contributor

I had a Soda Stream for several years and used it steadily for at least a year. As time went on though, priming & prepping to do a bottle started to be a drag (I had an older model that didn't have the newer, simpler technology), and as good as a few of the flavors were, not enough variety for me with Diet flavors. I just gradually stopped using it, and out it went.

As far as the reason for the recall, the company has also always advised that people should replace the plastic bottles once a year because they start to weaken after being carbonated so many times, and they can weaken & go boom. I never used mine so heavily that I worried about that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I never even considered one.  I never saw the point.  Just another machine to clog up my counter.  Like Keurig machines...I never got the point of those either. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never even considered one.  I never saw the point.  Just another machine to clog up my counter.  Like Keurig machines...I never got the point of those either. 

It's the convenience of the Keurig. I just made a single cup of coffee...far easier than having to make an entire pot of coffee. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's the convenience of the Keurig. I just made a single cup of coffee...far easier than having to make an entire pot of coffee. 

Oh, but @Trinity11, there are those who feel that convenience (over cost or...?) is just being wasteful and lazy. And anyone who buys a Keurig is...is...someone who would buy an Apple product, or a Dyson, or heaven knows what to flaunt their wealth and laziness, dear me! 😜

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, but @Trinity11, there are those who feel that convenience (over cost or...?) is just being wasteful and lazy. And anyone who buys a Keurig is...is...someone who would buy an Apple product, or a Dyson, or heaven knows what to flaunt their wealth and laziness, dear me! 😜

For myself I refuse to drink re-heated coffee. In addition, the waste of making an entire pot and throwing it out became cost prohibitive. 

I know there are some here that enjoy judging anyone who lives their life differently than they do but if it gives them a boost in an otherwise dull life...LOL. So be it.

O/T...hope you are feeling better. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

For myself I refuse to drink re-heated coffee. In addition, the waste of making an entire pot and throwing it out became cost prohibitive. 

I know there are some here that enjoy judging anyone who lives their life differently than they do but if it gives them a boost in an otherwise dull life...LOL. So be it.

O/T...hope you are feeling better. Woman Happy

Many people who have Keurigs are in a 'Coffee for one' situation; I am. I need something with a smallish footprint that gives me variety without taking up the space of a coffee shop. But I'm not able to go out and buy diamonds, so not too much $$ to throw away ;-)

Thank you, @Trinity11, going to doctor tomorrow but I don't expect much. Still, I will be looked at.

Honored Contributor

I don't drink soft drinks enough to feel inclined to make them myself, but I know they have sold tons of these.  I hope they get this info out to all their customers.   Sounds scary!

Honored Contributor

This seems sort of silly since any carbonated beverage under the right conditions will explode.   My parents loved to tell about glass bottles of root beer exploding in the trunk of their car when on their honeymoon.   Since it was hot and in 1940, roads were rough,  these factors no doubt contributed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment