Honored Contributor

I added my comments to pretty much a same post last week. Not much to add.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, and open borders get entitlements.  Yes US citizen's the elderly can,t needed help

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i just saw that on my local yokel news.  the two 30ish anchors were snickering about how that averages to around $4 a month.  hah hah chortle chortle and then hah hah your Medicare will be going up hah hah  these two make close to $ 200,000 each.

That's nothing.

Tune into CNN where Wolf earns an estimated $10M a year. Anderson probably outpaces that.

I cut the cord. Why tune in & make them wealthier?

I like Anderson Cooper.  I don't care that he makes a lot of money.  No skin off my nose.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Better be thankful for that pitiful increase.  There's talk in some corners of reducing  benefits.

Yep.  People need to pay attention.  

Yes, and stop looking away when someone says,

"HEY, look over here!"

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

All I know is that if you have Medicare you have "gold."  When you have a secondary insurance you pay nothing.  I can't wait to get medicare when I'm eligible.  I'm tired of getting nickled and dimed to death from Federal Blue Shield.  If I had Medicare, I'd pay nothing when  see doctors.  

Don't you need to buy supplemental insurance?

A friend of mine went through this recently when he became eligible for Medicare.

Super Contributor

I will donate my raise to my favorite charity which is me! The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. 

A house is not a home without a cat!
Valued Contributor

Retired people have the same monthy household bills to pay like everyone (electric, water, cable, trash etc.)  but they don't have to pay for gas to go to work, buy clothes for work, pay for kids college etc.  I haven't had a raise for six years and either has my husband and we work.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

All I know is that if you have Medicare you have "gold."  When you have a secondary insurance you pay nothing.  I can't wait to get medicare when I'm eligible.  I'm tired of getting nickled and dimed to death from Federal Blue Shield.  If I had Medicare, I'd pay nothing when  see doctors.  

Don't you need to buy supplemental insurance?

A friend of mine went through this recently when he became eligible for Medicare.

Don't have to have Medicare Supplemental Plan, but, your on the hook for the other 20% of medical bills and I think deductibles, co pays, etc.

We got Mutual of Omaha supplement. all different rate levels.

If you have prescriptions (even if you don't) you have to have Medicare Part D prescription plan , also. 

I took Humana/Walmart high deductible, but, I don't take any prescriptions at all at this point in time, so, I just took the cheapest plan to satisfy the Gov.   17.00 a month.

Husband takes a ton of stuff and he took SilverScript 27 a month in Texas.

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 If you have Federal Government insurance you have gold insurance.  I have friends who have retired with that and it is gold.

Are you kidding me?  Did you just post you can't wait to get Medicare?  You do realize that a lot of Dr won't take people with just Medicare?

You've just seen everyone complaining about Medicare and Social Security and you can't wait to get it?  Good grief!  More and more Drs are not taking people who have Medicare.  It's terrible.

Did I see where someone mentioned that Social Security will be funding the child care bill?  Is that what I just saw here?  

So, if you are young and can and do have children those who no longer want or cannot have children will be 'donating' to those who can and do have children?  Is that right?  Please tell me I am misunderstanding (very likely).

Wellsfargo (the bank) gives their employees 4 months paid leave when they have a baby.  I don't have a problem with that but I think it's not fair to people who can't have children, who don't want children or are just too old to have children.  What do they get?

All of this goes back to if you are old(er) in the country they want to sweep you under the rug and pretend you don't exist.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 If you have Federal Government insurance you have gold insurance.  I have friends who have retired with that and it is gold.

Are you kidding me?  Did you just post you can't wait to get Medicare?  You do realize that a lot of Dr won't take people with just Medicare?

You've just seen everyone complaining about Medicare and Social Security and you can't wait to get it?  Good grief!  More and more Drs are not taking people who have Medicare.  It's terrible.

Did I see where someone mentioned that Social Security will be funding the child care bill?  Is that what I just saw here?  

So, if you are young and can and do have children those who no longer want or cannot have children will be 'donating' to those who can and do have children?  Is that right?  Please tell me I am misunderstanding (very likely).

Wellsfargo (the bank) gives their employees 4 months paid leave when they have a baby.  I don't have a problem with that but I think it's not fair to people who can't have children, who don't want children or are just too old to have children.  What do they get?

All of this goes back to if you are old(er) in the country they want to sweep you under the rug and pretend you don't exist.......

@Annabellethecat66  I don't have gold with Federal Blue Shield.  I've lost three Orthopedic doctors because I don't have Medicare to go with my Federal Blue Shield!!  They want Medicare first.  

My husband just got on Medicare and he pays nothing.  He never gets a bill from any doctor because he has Medicare and BS pays the balance.  Without Medicare I'm paying 350 dollars in deductible, and I always have a patient responsibility with BS.  I haven't come across anybody that won't take Medicare.  My parents are on Medicare, and they have never run into a problem with a doctor that won't take that insurance.  I'm having a hysterectomy on November 1st, and believe me I'll be paying a small fortune for this surgery.  I would never go without Medicare when I'm eligible for it.  I do have to say though I'm on a lot of heart medications, and I hardly pay anything with the Federal BS.  That's a plus in itself.