Honored Contributor

Social Security yearly letter?

Does the Social Security Administration usually send a letter each year letting the participant know what the new figures will be...cost of living increase?  Does that same letter advise you of the amount taken out for Medicare?   It's only the end of November so there is still plent of time for the letter to come.

If my DH gets and opens the mail he is usually very good about leaving everything out for me to read....buy maybe I missed it.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Social Security yearly letter?

@Mom2Dogs

You should get a letter in December. 

Esteemed Contributor

You can go to the website the beginning of December and you can get your information. They send a letter in December. I read that Medicare will be $144.60 for 2020. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I haven't received any letter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently went to the SS website to order a new SS card.  Because I used the site instead of stopping into an office I had to agree to forgo receiving a yearly letter and instead log into the website to view and/or print it from now on and won't receive it by reg. mail.

Honored Contributor

The benefits letter should arrive soon.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, early Dec. if I recall right. Medicare premium like the other gal said going to 144 and I think the Medicare Part B deductible that you pay before they pay out is going to 199 unless your supplement pays for it like mine does, but, Mutual of Omaha Plan F supplement is closing down end of Dec. I can keep it because I'm grandfathered in, but, no new applications will be taken. Probably faze it out eventually anyway.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shelly Thanks for the reminder.  I'm going to get another social security card.

Can you believe I found my old pay stubs from when I worked for the government at the Pentago back in 1965?

Talk about a different in pay!!  Ha!

Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.  Again, thanks for the reminder.

I want to get a driver's license with the star on it.  I just got a new one but I could only find one thing with my SSN on it.  When I went looking I found these old pay stubs.

It says they'll accept those but I already waited in line for almost 2 hours to get turned down.  This time I'll make sure I have more than 2 of everything they ask for.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Shelly   I go the Medicare website often and you do not have to agree to go paperless if you use that site.

Going paperless is voluntary.

Honored Contributor

Cost of living increase is 1.6% for 2020.  I opted not to get paper notification.  I received an email a few days ago, logged into my account and all the info is there.  I do not trust the mails.