Honored Contributor

Re: Social Clubs, Country Clubs, etc

It sounds like it's a good opportunity to meet people.  When you're there tonight, tell them you're interested in joining and if you could go to an event before you join.

Esteemed Contributor

If you have a good time and feel comfortable there, I say go for it!!

Trusted Contributor

My aunt and her husband joined recently and she called me for lunch yeah and told me about it. She said they have been to three events and that they really love it. It does sound like a great place to meet new people and I will definitely ask questions before joining. My aunt suggested I just come to a few functions as their guest before joining. They really like to dance and she said the bands were great, so I am really excited about going.
Trusted Contributor

It sounds like you're excited about going, so go and enjoy.  Evaluate your experience and then decide.

Honored Contributor

I think this opportunity would be a good one.  It's reasonable at $25.00 a month.  Two people can't even go to a movie for that.  I would definately join if we had anything like that here.

We joined a country club at one time with a pool, golf courses, several incredible different places to eat, several bars, banquet facilities, all terrific.  The problem was that it was all the way on the other side of town and the cost wasn't anything like what you're looking at and DH nor I played golf.

Honored Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
Mz iMac:

I am oblivious to your post. I am usually pretty quick but not sure what you are implying with the "Gentiles"?????

@NativeJax

Not implying anything!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

From what you say, it sounds like something you will enjoy. If, after attending a time or two, you find you feel comfortable and are meeting new people that you find interesting and fun to be around, then I would join, if there are no hidden fees or anything. Go, have fun, then decide in a few days or weeks.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I never even heard of a club like that and am sure we don't have them in this part of the country.  We do have a country club which my parents belonged to so my dad could play golf.  I'm not interested in their activities so never joined.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

This sounds like a fine thing.  But, gals, does the $ of it work out?  I know country clubs have come down in recent years, but these costs sound too low.  I would ask to see their budget.

Trusted Contributor

Update:

This was a lovely evening. Plenty of dancing, people dressed very nice, the food was good, the members very welcoming. They also had ballroom dancers from a studio dancing with guests. The outside trees, gazebo and dock were trimmed with white lights. There is a boat slip if you want use of it

They have free dance lessons on Wednesday and Thursday's. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to going next week.