Honored Contributor

Re: So excited-Got a job at Talbot's!

@KathyPet wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@KathyPet Congratulations - I know how much you love their clothes!  Have fun! 

Will you give us your friends & family discount? ; )

DOn't think I can do that but I will post here if I get advance notice of good sales. 

I am wondering if I can set it up to apply my entire paycheck to my Talbot's account.

Thanks for all your encouragement!

Smiley Happy  Best of luck to you! Heart

Honored Contributor

Congratulations! It sounds like you'll be a good fit. As a shopper, it's always nice to work with someone who really knows and loves the product. Work that discount. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Congrats!   The two Talbots near where I live closed up quite a while ago.  Back in the day when I had to wear business attire to work, I bought a lot of Talbots pieces.  That heavens those days are over and our office is now business casual.  

Valued Contributor

Good for you! I hope you will enjoy being on the other side of the counter. I, too, went back to work very soon after my husband died, but several people criticized me for it. Thought I should be in mourning for a year or something similar. Fact is, I HAD to work, needed the money to get finances in order. Once I did, I keep on working because it's fun and fulfilling!

Best of luck!

Super Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I am a huge Talbot's fan.  I have been shopping there for years and almost my entire wardrobe comes from them.  Since my husband died in Feb I have a lot of extra time on my hands so in July I applied for a job at my local,store.  THey had nothing open at the time but I stopped in this morning and the store manager asked me if I was still interested in working there.  OF course I said Yes.  I go in Monday to fill out paperwork and start the following week.  THe pay is not much but I knew that upfront and I really want to just keep busy.   PLus now I get the Talbot's employee discount.  MY entire paycheck will probably go right on my Talbot's charge account.

CONGRATULATIONS, @KathyPet !!!!  Good luck and enjoy the new job.  By the way, I used to work at a retail clothing/department store, so I totally know what you mean about the paycheck going right back to where it came from!  :-)   

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet- good for you. Congratulations!!!  Our favorite store. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Congratulations! I too love Talbot's. What a fun job that will be!

Respected Contributor

That's great news! 

It's a great time of year to work in retail - you'll be the first one to see all the new clothes.   

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet

As long as you are excited about it, that's the only thing that counts.  A few years ago decided I wanted it a part time job and an employee discount.  It was only after I said yes to the job offer did I learn there were weekends involved. 

I stuck it out for a few months but my husband grew impatient.  We were used to coming and going whenever we wanted.  I missed being able to take off to see our kids and our grandchildren.  We'd planned a trip to Disney with them and the closer the trip got, the more grief I was getting.

Suddenly the employee discount did not seem so great.

I do not want to rain on your parade.  Be sure to know what they expect of you before you say yes.

There probably is not a poster on this board that knows more about Talbot's fashions than you!

Honored Contributor

@Zita wrote:

Good for you! I hope you will enjoy being on the other side of the counter. I, too, went back to work very soon after my husband died, but several people criticized me for it. Thought I should be in mourning for a year or something similar. Fact is, I HAD to work, needed the money to get finances in order. Once I did, I keep on working because it's fun and fulfilling!

Best of luck!

I would have cut ties with those people.  Who needs criticism like that?  None of their business.