Respected Contributor

A few years ago I decided I needed a new tree. My older one (which was very expensive) was getting pretty worn out, or so I thought. Ugh, the new one (and it wasn't cheap) doesn't look half as good as my old one did. I had thrown out my old one already or I would have switched back. It actually looked so real. They just don't make em like they used to. 

I'm like you.  What was I thinking?  Now I really don't like my tree and I really don't want to buy another one 😫

Or maybe I should buy a skinny tree, lol. 

Honored Contributor

I was eyeing one up a couple of years ago as right now all I have is a small, tabletop tree (fits perfectly in the front window) . . . I was going to put it in the foyer/living room entrance . . . I think I'll stick with my 3 1/2 footer for now . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

This thread seems familiar. I bought one of them when we lived back in central NY and took it with us when we moved here 14 years ago. I like it because it does not require moving a lot of furniture,etc. to make room for it. This is me with it a couple years ago. I'm sure I've used this photo before. Need to update for 2015. 

It fits in a small space in our sitting room. 

Hollywood1.jpg

Respected Contributor

You could try putting it in your bedroom.  I always thought people who put Christmas trees in their bedrooms were really going overboard until I got a tree to put in my greenhouse window and it didn't fit.  I decided to see what it would look like on my nightstand and instantly fell in love with it.  I don't decorate it except for some red berry picks, it has clear lights and gives the most delightful glow to the bedroom all evening.  I put it on a timer so I can enjoy having it on as I go to sleep....I really hate taking it down after Christmas.

Hope you find a place to enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You already put your Christmas tree up???????????  Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? 

Wow, didn't know having a Christmas tree up could prevent celebrating Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

You already put your Christmas tree up???????????  Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? 

Wow, didn't know having a Christmas tree up could prevent celebrating Thanksgiving.

If you're entertaining for Thanksgiving, I think it would be weird to have a Christmas tree.  In that case, might as well play carols and have a gift exchange.

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinny Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

Without knowing how your house is designed, I think if you have the room in your kitchen, I would leave it there. Skinny trees usually look nice after they are decorated, even if you just add a few picks for interest/color. Someone suggested a kitchen theme and I use my second tree as my travel tree. So much time is spent in the kitchen, I think you might enjoy it.

Eta: I put my kitchen tree into an urn that has a built-in tree stand. It gives it some height and looks finished. You don't need a tree skirt either.

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinny Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

One of our neighbors does an outdoor display with 4 skinny trees.  They look nice.  Inside they are not something, I like but they are better than no tree at all.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

If you're entertaining for Thanksgiving, I think it would be weird to have a Christmas tree.  In that case, might as well play carols and have a gift exchange.

Think about it; toss in some red, white and blue Easter Baskets and put burgers on the menu and ask your guests to wear costumes and....bam!!   Your celebrations are done for the year!   Lol

Valued Contributor

I bought a 7.5 ft. slim, prelit tree at Hobby Lobby about 6 years ago. I love it! I live in a small ranch type home with no family room. Just a living room in which to display my tree. It fits perfectly into the corner without being in the way at all.   I put it up yesterday. It's not decorated yet but it is up. I always put my tree up before Thanksgiving because December is such a busy month for me. Besides Christmas, there are 5 birthdays in our immediate family. My husband's is on Christmas.  So the sooner it's up and decorated, the better.