Honored Contributor

I watched a few up until he married Robin.  Meri seemed to get hurt over and over again.  I feel so sorry for her, I wish she'd had a chance at another life.

Does it look like she might leave him now? 

I'd be very worried about her hurting herself.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Poor Meri, she needs more attention than she is getting in this relationship.

The previews show Robyn saying that she (Robyn) is pregnant.

Respected Contributor

That's a shame. Meri is so checked out of this arrangement and needs to get out...so does the blonde.

Robyn has totally taken over this arrangement and you can tell the other ladies are not happy with her or Kody.

Anyone notice when they have the sofa chats Robyn is always next  to Kody and whoever is on the otherside. Ugh...this this situation is not working for most of them and if Robyn had her way the others would be gone.

Respected Contributor

When Meri decided to divorce Kody, I really did think at least part of it was to be legally free to leave if she ever wanted to.

It is so obvioous that Kody has a favorite wife.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

They are not supported by mainstream LDS.

But there are wonderful groups of mainstream LDS who help those who leave the fringe groups.  They will find them a place to stay and help them get a job.  I'm sure Meri knows that, I wish she would take advantage.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Meri know how to make money.  She had two cupcake stores that were doing well.  She closed them saying the stores took up too much of her time and she wanted to spend more time with her family.  I think she stays in the situation due to her religous upbringing and hasn't been able to break through yet.  Someday she will when the time is right.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sister Wives Bombshell

[ Edited ]

I think Meri does plan on leaving after the show is over. (Even though they gave other reasons for Kody marrying Robyn)  Meri has no reason to be there. Her adult child moved out. Kody only loves Robyn. I think the other 3 should leave, and Kody can start getting younger thinner wives. (Then Robyn will know how Meri feels.)

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ironically, it was Meri who paired Robyn up with Kody.  They were all at some dance and Meri noticed Robyn and said to Kody "I think you ought to consider courting her".  She was jealous of the relationship between Christine and Janelle and wanted the same thing with Robyn.  I think Robyn is going along with it to show her gratitude for getting her out of her bad marriage with 3 kids, etc.  There was always bad blood between Meri and Janelle.  I read "Sister Wives" and it's very telling.  They all tell their own sides of the relationships they have with each other and Kody.

I doubt they can manage those 4 homes w/o help from TLC.  They spend money like water.  In the beginning, the show was kind of interesting but lately I find it very boring.  I don't know what the women are getting out of this kind of relationship.  Kody seems like a really nice guy and good father.  The kids are intelligent and are close with each other but enough is enough.  How many kids do they need anyway?  If TLC drops them, I don't know what or how they will manage.  I doubt they are even thinking about that.  They live day to day.

Has anyone else noticed that Meri (who has one child and now lives alone) has the largest house and it's the meeting place whenever they have a get-together or something needs to be discussed.  It's always at her home.  From now on, I have a feeling it will now be Robyn's job.

Esteemed Contributor

This is the first I'm hearing of this and I don't yet know whether or not to believe the story, but I do believe Meri seems very unhappy this season.  I thought last night she seemed especially quiet and disconnected.  Like many of the other posters here, I feel sorry for her.  What these women see in Kody is beyond me!