Respected Contributor

Sister Wives Bombshell

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else been reading the online bombshell stories about Meri having had an online relationship, and it turned out to be a notorious "catfish"?

Meri has admitted it's true.   

Supposedly, she was ready to leave Kody and the family to be with "Sam", the catfish's male persona..

The catfish has posted actual tapes of Meri's voicemail messages and pics she sent "him"/her.  

You can do Google search for "catfish meri brown catfished", and People.com has the story.

ETA:  It was going on during the filiming of the season that currently being aired.  

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

Wow! Didn't see that one coming.

Honored Contributor

That woman is beyond depressedSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I feel bad for her.  Although I really don't follow them, I watched several episodes of their show in the past and read stuff here and there.

I wish people wouldn't feel so hard up, or whatever it is that they simply MUST take any avenue to find somebody, to try and find a partner online.  It's scary and dangerous and you have no idea what you're getting into.    I've said it before, because it's true - it's the 21st century version of meeting men in bars, only WAY more dangerous.

Respected Contributor

You think it's real or staged for added drama?  

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

You think it's real or staged for added drama?  

Smells like a publicity stunt to me.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure it's true, not just for drama.   Lots of info online.   Evidently, the catfish is notorious for doing this.

Meri even traveled to Disney Land to meet "Sam".   "Sam" cancelled at the last minute  but sent his female "assistant" to meet her. 

There are pics of Meri during this meet up with the catifsh at Disney Land.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Contributor

Re: Sister Wives Bombshell

[ Edited ]

Wow!! I have noticed though on this season's episodes when all the wives are sitting and talking on the couch, Meri hardly says anything and she looks mad or like she really doesn't want to be there.

Respected Contributor

@ChrisMom07 wrote:

Wow!! I have noticed though on this season's episodes when all the wives are sitting and talking on the couch, Meri hardly says anything and she looks mad or like she really doesn't want to be there.

She looked very emotinally remote and unhappy  during the adoption parts of last night's episode.

They're sure not portraying polygamy to be a great way of life for the wives.   3 of the 4 seem pretty miserable.

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

Is it just me or did anyone else notice Robyn looked pregnant the other night, when they were showing clips of next week's show??

Maybe Meri did the whole divorce thing, just because she wants to meet someone else??  She never looks happy to me.  The only one who does, is Robyn.