Honored Contributor

Sinatra and Peggy Lee Memorably Swing It

This is a follow-on to the clip of "I'll Be Seeing You".  Wanted to end on something kind of upbeat.  Still in the "vintage popular song" category, but flash forward to the Fifties:

http://facedl.com/fvideo=aiuuoixaiixiq

Peggy Lee and Frank Sinatra seem so utterly relaxed in this duet, and despite the flubs, they are an electric pair.  Don't know that I've ever seen them together quite like this.  There seems to be a magical bit of chemistry going on, and the mutual respect of two absolute professionals at the peak of their powers!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Sinatra and Peggy Lee Memorably Swing It

I love Peggy Lee!  Her "Is That All There Is?"--one of the best songs ever!!!!!!!!!!! 

Respected Contributor

"Nice Work if You Can Get it" is another great duet of Peggy Lee and Sinatra.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

She's a winner with "Fever".

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Op!! Thanks for the memories! YouTube Peggy and Sinatra. Upload videos on my 55inch 4k!! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!🎁
Esteemed Contributor

Great stuff!  My sister pretended she was Peggy Lee while she was a child (Mom had an album that pictured her, full face, and I guess she looked really pretty).

I love the part where Sinatra says "and I have connections".  From what I've heard, I guess he did!  Dad loved Sinatra.  I think his range was something my Dad could emulate.

Swing is the best.Heart

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Sweetbay Magnolia, that is funny about the "connections", that as you wittily point out, Frank undoubtedly had, ha! 

What charmed me about this version of "Nice Work If You Can Get It" is just little moments like that--  the spontaneity, the asides and throwaway lines that Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee shared.  It's a warm moment of intimacy in song, created by two superb interpreters of Tin Pan Alley and midcentury popular music.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

She's a winner with "Fever".

Elvis, too................

Shame, he never had a son.