Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should I send a thank you note for a thank you gift?

No....the phone call was sufficient!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

The call seals the deal.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think you need to send a thank you note since you kindly called and thanked her. 

It may be a nice gesture to write her a note after you've enjoyed the restaurant gift card just to tell her when you went and how much you enjoyed your dinner.  I would do that if it was me as I enjoy writing notes to people (I really think it is a lost art!) but I'm not saying it's completely necessary.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just me but I would follow up with a handwritten note expressing how much I enjoyed my meal.

We were always taught to write a bread and butter letter after being a houseguest even after thanking our host for their hospitality.
Respected Contributor

I would not send a thank you note for a thank you gift. However, I would thank the person by phone.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

no ned to send her a thank you note.

you have called and said thank you. whenever you use the card, you can let her know the next time you see her after that, how much you enjoyed your evening out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I did someone a tremendous favor and she sent me a thank you card with a restaurant gift card in it. Now I think I should send her a thank you note for the gift card - I already called and thanked her.My DH said you don't send a thank you for a thank you. Opinions?

I do not believe a thank you card for a thank you is necessary.  However, after you go enjoy your meal you might want to send her a "thinking of you" card while I ate the wonderful lunch/dinner.  She would get a kick out of your experience, and really how much time would it take to write a quick note, seal and stamp?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

No it's not necessary. She thanked you enough by sending you a card a gift card. It was very nice of you to do something for someone. We need more people like you. 

Honored Contributor

ABSOLUTELY you should!  If someone gets me a gift, I send a card or note telling them how much I like it and appreciate it.  Nothing big, but a written note!  

Respected Contributor

@151949First I want to say I love your heart, I can tell you put others first Heart

Secondly, your phone call thanking her was perfect no need to also send a card. 

Thirdly, enjoy the gift card!