Esteemed Contributor

A Louisiana woman is being hailed as a hero after police say she saw an officer struggling with a suspect and jumped on the man's back to help the officer subdue him.

Vickie Williams-Tillman, 56, was driving to a store Sunday morning, with gospel music on her radio, when she spotted the Baton Rouge officer, Billy Aime, and the suspect, according to The Advocate.

Baton Rouge Police spokesman Sgt. L'Jean McKneely says the suspect grabbed the officer's baton and repeatedly bashed him on the head with it, and also tried to grab the officer's gun.

Police say that after Williams-Tillman jumped on the man's back, police backup arrived and the suspect was apprehended after being shot with a stun gun.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4243302/Woman-helps-officer-fight-jumping-suspects-back.htm...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

3D7C894D00000578-4243302-image-a-38_1487687681012.jpg

HeartHeartHeart   WOW!

Honored Contributor

Re: She's a lady and a heroine

Image result for woohoo images

Esteemed Contributor

A brave wonderful citizen. As thr mother of a law enforcement officer,I say THANK YOU, Ms.Williams-Tillman.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

She look quite small too. She has the heart of a lion. She deserves a medal ,for her courageous actions

Honored Contributor

Look at that picture and read that story and tell me that we can't all get along (and for the most part we do), support  and love each other. The media wants us to believe otherwise. I'd like to see this story plastered all over every news cycle the way the bad ones are. I'd wager this kind of relationship is more the norm that what gets reported! 

Honored Contributor

Wow! You go Miss Vickie! 

Thanks for posting this terrific story @YorkieonmyPillow. I plan to share it with others.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

Great story.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

I apologize.  I looked down the line of topics but didn't see you already have the same story up.

I posted it also, I was so excited to see news of something good.

I'll redirect people to you.

Honored Contributor

Re: She's a lady and a heroineshou

This story was on MSNBC face page.

What a brave and wonderful lady....  Yes, she should be given some award for doing such a wonderful thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Vickie!!  Heart You go girl!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~