Respected Contributor

I just returned from the FedEx office having mailed Shawn the handmade quilt handed down for generations that my foremother made back in the 1800s. She used it to lovingly cradle the family china (heirlooms from England dating from an earlier time) - during the gruelling wagontrain trip West.

ETA, I hope she appreciates the gesture.

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen Shawn do that for years, and frankly, I don't think she's kidding. She tries to make it as though she is, but she's not convinced me. I remember a couple of years ago, Dennis Basso wanted to gift Lisa a coat she was modeling because her birthday was coming up. Shawn was on next and she made a huge deal about Lisa getting a coat and that she should get one, too, because her birthday was nearing. I think it's in bad taste ~ kidding or not.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor
On 2/20/2015 minkbunny said:

I just returned from the FedEx office having mailed Shawn the handmade quilt handed down for generations that my foremother made back in the 1800s. She used it to lovingly cradle the family china (heirlooms from England during an earlier time) - during the gruelling wagontrain trip West.

ETA, I hope she appreciates the gesture.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} She had better appreciate the gesture.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I think she's a big kidder. One time when she was selling with Isaac, he actually said that an item of his (I guess one of his trouser slacks that he sells) would conceal the cottage cheese on one's legs....I kid you not and Shawn's reaction was just priceless. Without skipping a beat she said Wow!!! We're going there are we!!!! If I can find it, I'll post it.

Honored Contributor

Oy.

Honored Contributor

I sent her some crab cakes I had in my freezer for several years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor
On 2/20/2015 croemer said:

I sent her some crab cakes I had in my freezer for several years.

I bet she'll be thrilled!!!

Love the responses on this thread!!

Honored Contributor
...Croemie.....hahaha! This thread is getting good now!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor
I'm sending her a box of wine and my Bobby Sherman poster
Respected Contributor

I am sending her my old dictionary from high school.

Don't worry, be Happy!