Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I like the short wispy styles that many TV people sport. I wish I had the nerve to cut my hair short, but mine is so curly that I end up looking like bozo the clown. (My hair is auburn)

Fresh Good Morning

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

SF is a gorgeous petite woman and I think her new do is so becoming. Poor Sharon mentioned on the IM show that women didn't like that she referred to herself as petite so she now says she's short and people seem ok with that. The only thing I can figure is women are jealous of her and want to find some kind of fault with her. Sharon is indeed a classic petite by definition and a beautiful woman.

What I find amusing is the idea of people who criticise someone being jealous. It may very well be true, IDK, but that's not the amusing part. What's funny is this--if the posters responding like the person in question then it's agreed-- those who have posted negatively are "just jealous."  

However, if the posters responding don't like the subject in question the idea of jealousy becomes "the typical go-to response, cliché, prosaic, and mundane" where the idea that a person can't criticise someone without being jealous is ridiculous.

It's interesting to me how the perception and responses change depending on people's feelings about the person being discussed.

My comment has no connection, nor is it a reply, to the person quoted or their comment. It's just an observation based on the idea she presented regarding jealousy and other posts I've read here over the years.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

SF is a gorgeous petite woman and I think her new do is so becoming. Poor Sharon mentioned on the IM show that women didn't like that she referred to herself as petite so she now says she's short and people seem ok with that. The only thing I can figure is women are jealous of her and want to find some kind of fault with her. Sharon is indeed a classic petite by definition and a beautiful woman.

What I find amusing is the idea of people who criticise someone being jealous. It may very well be true, IDK, but that's not the amusing part. What's funny is this--if the posters responding like the person in question then it's agreed-- those who have posted negatively are "just jealous."  

However, if the posters responding don't like the subject in question the idea of jealousy becomes "the typical go-to response, cliché, prosaic, and mundane" where the idea that a person can't criticise someone without being jealous is ridiculous.

It's interesting to me how the perception and responses change depending on people's feelings about the person being discussed.

My comment has no connection, nor is it a reply, to the person quoted or their comment. It's just an observation based on the idea she presented regarding jealousy and other posts I've read here over the years.

Smart woman you are, @SusieQ_2

I feel similarly about those posters who claim that [insert name of a host] is protected from criticism here. I notice that the only people who say that about a host are the ones who don't like that particular host. They home in on any threads and posts and obviously see poofing but don't notice it when it comes to hosts that they like. In fact, they see their favorites as constant targets that remain up forever.

Human nature is strange.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

3 words to O/P:

OH

MY 

GOSH

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

I vote for cute as well, if this is the style that the OP is discussing-Cat Very Happy

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing

darling

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"