Respected Contributor

Re: Service Charm - Airlines Possibly?

@LdyBugz wrote:

@rockygems123  There's a similar pendant on eBay listed as Frontier Airline.  

20230911_203842.jpg

@LdyBugzThank you for looking it up on ebay I appreciate it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Reminds of Pan Am wings I got when I was a kid. 

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Reminds of Pan Am wings I got when I was a kid. 

1. @Nightowlz   That's exactly what I thought when I first saw it,  that it was Pan Am.. 
Honored Contributor

If it was from an astronaut, you probably have something valuable!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@kze wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@kze   And those were the fun years to work for an airline weren't they?  Not sure when you worked but my 3 year San Francisco Delta headquarters job was around late 70's.  

Worked for Qantas in SF headquarters for almost 10yrs ending in '95.

Couldn't have had more fun than working with those Australians, what a time.

Who did you work for and on the ground or flying?

@rockygems123 

Yes, those were wonderful years.  I started out with Braniff reservations in Corpus Christi in 1968.  When the office closed, I went to Houston, Chicago then Dallas.  Since they were union, they furloughed a lot.  

I got tired of that and was lucky enough to be hired by Delta in Chicago res.  I voluntarily transferred a lot, living in Houston, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque and Atlanta where I retired early just after 9/11 when they offered a deal I couldn't refuse.

My favorite positions were in International, Training and my favorite CTO's.

Nice to meet another Deltoid "sister".

@kze What a nice career!  You were able to live in different cities and good ones at that!  I know for sure you worked for Delta, a fellow Deltoid haha!

My position mostly at Delta was Operations, in those days we could overbook locally vs Atlanta, we overbooked one flight by 200 and still did ok ha!  We were sent roses by the Sr VP or whatever he was.

Qantas was great, I was able to work for most of the VP's in their respective departments, learned a lot and had a lot of fun.  

In 1995 QF was moving to LAX and closing down SFO so I took a package also.  About a year later my son was born so it worked out perfectly Smiley Happy  

@rockygems123 

I always admired those of you who worked in Operations.  Yes, you had statistics to go by but you had talent and guts to be able to do things like overbook by 200 and have it work out.  Those of us in res would be saying "Are they crazy?  We need an extra section!" but it would be ok.  People like you played a huge part in keeping the company profitable!

Respected Contributor

@kze wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@kze wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@kze   And those were the fun years to work for an airline weren't they?  Not sure when you worked but my 3 year San Francisco Delta headquarters job was around late 70's.  

Worked for Qantas in SF headquarters for almost 10yrs ending in '95.

Couldn't have had more fun than working with those Australians, what a time.

Who did you work for and on the ground or flying?

@rockygems123 

Yes, those were wonderful years.  I started out with Braniff reservations in Corpus Christi in 1968.  When the office closed, I went to Houston, Chicago then Dallas.  Since they were union, they furloughed a lot.  

I got tired of that and was lucky enough to be hired by Delta in Chicago res.  I voluntarily transferred a lot, living in Houston, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque and Atlanta where I retired early just after 9/11 when they offered a deal I couldn't refuse.

My favorite positions were in International, Training and my favorite CTO's.

Nice to meet another Deltoid "sister".

@kze What a nice career!  You were able to live in different cities and good ones at that!  I know for sure you worked for Delta, a fellow Deltoid haha!

My position mostly at Delta was Operations, in those days we could overbook locally vs Atlanta, we overbooked one flight by 200 and still did ok ha!  We were sent roses by the Sr VP or whatever he was.

Qantas was great, I was able to work for most of the VP's in their respective departments, learned a lot and had a lot of fun.  

In 1995 QF was moving to LAX and closing down SFO so I took a package also.  About a year later my son was born so it worked out perfectly Smiley Happy  

@rockygems123 

I always admired those of you who worked in Operations.  Yes, you had statistics to go by but you had talent and guts to be able to do things like overbook by 200 and have it work out.  Those of us in res would be saying "Are they crazy?  We need an extra section!" but it would be ok.  People like you played a huge part in keeping the company profitable!

@kze Thank you, those were the days when they used the best skills of a worker and didn't just go by analytics and statistics only.  That huge L1011 TriStar flight was an early Saturday 7am SFO-LAX that constantly had no-shows, too many people staying out late Friday nights.  When people actually went out and had fun ha.