Valued Contributor

I wanted to buy this for a birthday gift.  I went to the book store and the pages and the cover are more of an ivory color.  I saw this at Costco during the holidays and I'm sure it was a white cover and white pages.   Does anyone have this book and what color is the cover and background of the pages.  I went online and they do look white.  Called Costco and they no longer have it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Secret Garden Coloring Book

i bought it for my daughter......let me see if i can find it in her room......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My secret garden one has white pages but yes, I saw it at Costco and Barnes and Noble and the pages are Ivory, which I do NOT like!

Respected Contributor

I have the Secret Garden coloring book that I ordered from Amazon.  The cover is snow white as well as the pages. 

I saw it at Costco also around Christmas and it was white on white. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

okay i checked my daughters book. i bought it for her from the boutique francescas i believe over a year ago. hers is a french vanilla color.....definitely not white.  the cover is also a french vanilla color with black designs and accents of metallic matte gold. i actually like the french vanilla/ivory colored pages and cover. it makes it look more like a vintage book.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I'm beginning to think that maybe the original books were printed in the US and I noticed the one at the book store was printed in china.  I also remember reading somewhere that the newer version was in a heavier paper but nothing about the color being ivory.  I doubt that the person, being younger, would like the ivory color.  My daughter bought one as a gift also and it's just beautiful.  It's called "Joyous Blooms to Color" and the pages are white.  It'a new book.  Got it from Amazon.

Thanks for answering since I thought I saw something I didn't. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I have the Secret Garden coloring book that I ordered from Amazon.  The cover is snow white as well as the pages. 

I saw it at Costco also around Christmas and it was white on white. 

I got mine from Amazon too and mine are snow white pages. Our Costco had the ivory, kind of thicker pages. I wouldn't have bought it if mine was ivory pages. I think it doesn't look nearly as nice.

Valued Contributor

Found out why the paper is different on the books.  It is printed by different printers and apparently the printer is the one that chooses the paper.  So this book was printed in China and off white.  I found the online site of the author of the books and sent an email.  Showed the book to my husband and he agreed the color isn't good considering using colored pencils.  When I have time I'm going to visit a few book stores.  Right now the other book I ordered is perfect to start.  Disappointed but I'll find a white one.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I checked all the book stores where I live and all the books are off white.  Could anyone that purchased it from Amazon and it was white remember which seller they purchased it from.  Some of the sellers don't have it sent from Amazon.  Have another month to get a white one and then will go with a different book.  I see that the Lost Ocean is in white.  Was told that if the Secret Garden was white that is was a knock off. 

Respected Contributor

This item was for sale at Walmart in my area.  Saw it yesterday.