Esteemed Contributor

Re: Say It Ain't So, Archie Andrews To Be Killed Off

My favorite comic as a kid. I would have been appalled if they had done that then. If they want to stop publishing the series, either just stop or marry them off and spin a happy ending.

Why does everything have to end in a drama? Boo!

I remember when the question "Betty or Veronica?" was akin to "Ginger or Mary Ann?" LOL!

I always wanted Archie to be with Betty......

Honored Contributor

Did they all age, or are they still kids? I don't really see the need to kill off a cartoon character, but what's just one opinion.

I was going to say that nobody probably takes this stuff that seriously, but I see that I would be wrong.

Respected Contributor

OMG..how horrible!!

I agree..with the Archie and Betty ending..

I LOVED these comics growing up...my grandmother always bought them ..it would be what I read when I ate my snacks..and I would re-read them all the time...and shared them with my grandfather..

HOW terrible to even think of killing Archie off!!

Respected Contributor

Superman was killed off numerous times and I think Batman was, too. It's de rigueur in comics when stopping a series.

The really modern ending would be to have Archie and Reggie pair up and get married, or Betty make a fortune as an exercise franchise guru, while Veronica marries an activist doctor who works for Drs without Borders.

_That_ would be a twist. I loved the Archie comics, but I am a geek and liked Jughead best.