Honored Contributor

Sarah Jessica Parker Re: Epi Pen hike

Sarah Jessica Parker was the face of Mylan, the pharma co. that makes the EpiPen, but has resigned. Kudos to her!

Sarah Jessica Parker has stepped down as the face of pharma company Mylan after it emerged the company had raised the price of its life-saving EpiPens by 548 per cent.

In a post on Instagram Thursday, the 'Sex and the City' actress said she was 'disappointed, saddened and deeply concerned' and called for Mylan to reverse the price hike.

'Disappointed': Parker said Thursday she was 'disappointed' to learn the company had hiked prices for EpiPens, which stop fatal allergies like her son's, by 548 per cent to $608 for two

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Re: Sarah Jessica Parker Re: Epi Pen hike

As one who used the Epi-pen years ago, until my doctor and I were able to determine my allergens, I applaud her decision.

Honored Contributor

Yeah!!! Let's turn the tables on some of these people for a change.

I'm mainly thinking of all the big companies that withdrawl their support when something isn't working for them. Now there's something not working for people, who might consider this a life-threatening thing. Way to go SJP!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Sarah Jessica Parker was the face of Mylan, the pharma co. that makes the EpiPen, but has resigned. Kudos to her!

Sarah Jessica Parker has stepped down as the face of pharma company Mylan after it emerged the company had raised the price of its life-saving EpiPens by 548 per cent.

In a post on Instagram Thursday, the 'Sex and the City' actress said she was 'disappointed, saddened and deeply concerned' and called for Mylan to reverse the price hike.

'Disappointed': Parker said Thursday she was 'disappointed' to learn the company had hiked prices for EpiPens, which stop fatal allergies like her son's, by 548 per cent to $608 for two

I know why I've always liked her.  Like her even more now.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Being a person with severe medication allergies and food allergies...

I not only carry an EpiPen in my handbag always, I keep one in the kitchen, one in the upstairs medicine cabinet.  

I personally, have had to use the EpiPen several times on myself.  One time, my husband had to administer it to me for I collasped and was out of it. 

I heard on one of the AM morning news shows that it cost Mylan about only $1.00- to make an EpiPen...$1.00 stinking dollar!  

What Mylan has done is an outrage!  This is when I believe our State Senators and our Goverment need to get involved.  

Mylan is now making a $600- to $700 dollar profit...on one EpiPen.

This is not only discusting...It should be considered a "Crime".

Respected Contributor

I haven't read this entire thread, but what about the Auvi-Q?  Isn't that a competitor to the EpiPen?  Can people switch to that in some or all cases?

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Yeah!!! Let's turn the tables on some of these people for a change.

Like start getting the Epi-Pens from a Canadian pharmacy. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The daughter of a US senator from West Va. is the CEO of Mylan.   Shame on her.  The senator is Joe Manchin.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I haven't read this entire thread, but what about the Auvi-Q?  Isn't that a competitor to the EpiPen?  Can people switch to that in some or all cases?

Auvi-Q was recalled due to delivering inaccurate doses to some patients.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac I just Googled the Canadian pharmacies and the first one that came up was for .03 mg single dose injection for $112.71, manufactured by MEDA in the UK.

I'm sure if I keep looking I'll find quite a variation of prices, but yes, they are considerably cheaper in Canada.

Just something to think about...

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett