Trusted Contributor
For some reason I was thinking about Sam Champion today, I really miss him on GMA, so I looked him up. To my surprise he's criticizing his former network for basically doing fluff pieces and wanted to see them do more serious news stories in the morning. I was sorry to see that, first, I liked Sam on GMA, but I don't like people who burn bridges; second, I enjoy GMA, we hear hard, depressing news all day long, and I enjoy some entertainment to start my day; and finally, is he really going to make the serious contribution to the morning shows he's talking about by doing weather related stories for the Weather Channel? Are that many people into the WC each morning to have the time and be riveted to watching a story about the effects of climate change on growing corn in Kansas, or would they rather listen to a fluff piece about Jennifer Aniston's latest role? Personally, I don't WATCH GMA, as much as listen to it when I'm getting ready in the morning anyway, and I think many people enjoy their morning shows that way. Sorry, Sam, you did what made you happy, you get to talk weather with Jim Cantori, but I think you made a big mistake by leaving GMA.
Super Contributor
I have always liked Sam and was very sorry to see him leave GMA. I think that all the morning shows have changed their programming to include a lot of ""fluff"". I hope he is happy with his decision. I don't know that there are all that many people who want to watch non-stop weather-related programming but......?!?!
Honored Contributor

I agree with him...there should be more ""news""...too much fluff...that goes for all the morning programs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Wanted to add,,,too much fluff considered news as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Sam Champion was the local ABC weatherman in NYC for many years. He did that as well as appeared on GMA. He left to go to the Weather Channel, as it was supposed to be a big promotion.

The Weather Channel got away from what it was supposed to do and that is give you weather 24/7.

Super Contributor

I agree with him about the fluff and it takes 6 people to tell it to you. Pretty soon, they'll have a dozen up there to welcome all the stars.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/22/2015 croemer said:

Wanted to add,,,too much fluff considered news as well.

I totally agree! I watched GMA for ages but cannot stand the current "entertainment tonight" shift they have gone into. Constant laughing over nothing. I do not consider anything Hollywood as news, nor do I care about Hollywood at all. I have switched to CBS Morning News.

Respected Contributor

I have not been a steady viewer of GMA since they started this so called more '""social"" then the news. I really enjoy The CBS program with Charlie Rose and Gale King and goodness I can't think of the other host. I am in total agreement with what Sam has said. GMA seems to be on some kind of part news more social agenda which is fine if that is what your interested in. I am a fan of Robin Roberts. How many different people are on GMA every morning doing different topics now I think more then they need.

Honored Contributor
What baffles me is what Al Roker's purpose is on the WC? He's totally useless. I wish they'd get rid of him so I can watch again. Don't care for him.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I love Sam Champion, wish he had gone to the CBS Morning show, I never watch the Weather Channel.