Honored Contributor

Personally I'd rather smell the marijuana and I don't even smoke it. There is nothing worse than a skunk, period.  

Respected Contributor

We have a skunk and an opossum every night at our front porch.  I put food out for the feral cats and if they don't eat all of it, the skunk and opossum come and eat it together.  It's really very cute to see them together. 

Trusted Contributor

Did you ever hit a skunk with your car??  I did🙋‍♀️, years ago on a road trip.  Thought we'd have to take the car out to the woods and bury it.  Whatta stench!

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, whole families will set up house.  It is well worth while to inspect covers often, simpler than a eviction.  

Honored Contributor

I'm  awakened by the smell of a skunk so strong it's nauseating ever once in awhile.  They are just passing by and the odor is gone in the morning.  I may not smell it again for weeks or months.

@Anonymous032819.  Do you smell skunk this morning?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Update:

I thought that the stench was coming from under my house, because that's where it smelled like it was coming from.

Well, I was wrong.

I went out to my car this morning to go to work and in the middle of the road, right in front of my house, was the body of one dead skunk.

The poor critter may have lost its life, but it got in the last "word".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Update:

I thought that the stench was coming from under my house, because that's where it smelled like it was coming from.

Well, I was wrong.

I went out to my car this morning to go to work and in the middle of the road, right in front of my house, was the body of one dead skunk.

The poor critter may have lost its life, but it got in the last "word".

@Anonymous032819  Yep.

"Dead skunk in the middle of the road.........stinkin' to high heaven".  Loudon Wainwright III.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh