Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

On 1/1/2014 loveschocolate said:
On 1/1/2014 Predsfan said:

Morning Loves .... Happy New Year. Time to rest now that your chores are done. Dust later, girlfriend. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Good morning Predsfan! DH is STILL asleep, DD is over at a friends house. We are supposed to have accumulating snow tomorrow. Ugh!

That's not good. See, you can save the dusting for tomorrow because you'll be stuck in the house. We are getting rain, turning to snow and dropping temps. Which means we will be blessed with icey roads again. UGH!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

On 12/31/2013 ShowMe said:

I know some of you have already signed out for the night......like Preds......but thought I better come on here tonight before someone comes a knockin on my door to see if I'm still amongst the living.

Yep, I was misbehaving on some of the other threads the last time I was posting.....but that's ok.......can't be an angel all the time...... Just got tired of seeing all those dumb nics all over the place and the bringing up the old threads.

Went to the store earlier.....boy were they busy. But, was fortunate, got everything I went for. Will be fixing butterfly pork chops, sweet sauerkraut, blackeyed peas (and some ham to cut into chunks), fresh spinach (don't care for collards), and my HERRING to eat at midnight if I'm still up. If not, will eat some of it before I hit the hay. I mentioned on another thread that I haven't seen anyone mention herring for New Year's Eve. That is something we have always done on New Year's Eve. Pickled herring (w/onion), nice crackers, and a nice glass of wine. Will do w/out the wine tonight.

Boy kitty and Babyfran were really on my case......what would I do without them?????? LOL Or better yet, what would they do without me? Who would they be picking on....????

It is supposed to start snowing here tomorrow evening.......they said 2 to 4 inches......then it will be getting cold again, and more snow on Saturday into Sunday, and then even colder. Boy, this is some winter we are having.

The new tenants have started moving in some things, but have a feeling the big moving in day will be tomorrow or Saturday......since they both work. Haven't seen them yet.....and no, I haven't been peeking out the peephole in the kitchen door....LOL

Well, want to get the news at 9:00, so think I am going to sign out now. Hope for nothing but the best for each of you in 2014. May all your wishes and dreams come true. And, here's hoping everyone stays nice and healthy in the new year. Love all of you.

Happy New Year to you and Mr. Lucky!

I mentioned the herring on another thread. My stepdad always had to have it! I really liked it too. But then somewhere along the way I lost a taste for it. Do you have yours in sour cream?

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 Gooday said:

Good morning from my beautiful state to yours. I hope the weather has not been too unkind to you ladies.

The coffee is done and I'm going for a cup. Then after we clean up, we're out of the house for most of the day. My brother has been on vacation and we're heading to his house for a while. Then, we are out to dinner with our neighbor and her sister who is visiting from Long Island.

So, you all behave. Watch out for Babyfran who says this is "her year" to let it rip!

ShowMe has made a resolution to go on an austerity program and stop buying D&C as her 2nd bedroom has now become a closet.

Predsfan is going to sleep later in 2014 since her boss retired. (The old "cat's away thing").

loves ~ she's perfect and doesn't have to change.

kitty ~ Wow....this is a tough one but.....I think ShowMe better watch her back. That's all I'm sayin'.

sweetpea ~ 2014 will get much easier for her and I see a yoga class or a mediation class in her future.

V.V. ~ better pain management is down the road for her.

WaJa ~ the prodigal daughter will return more. The same for rondell.

scottie ~ scottie has been rehearsing her comedic material and I look forward to more of her stand-up.

To the rest of you who drop by, hope to see you all more in 2014.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Happy New Year to my partner in crime for the comedy! You and KittyKat and Predsfan and I should take our act on the road sometime ROFL!

Respected Contributor

A Great Big (((((((GROUP HUG)))))))

Honored Contributor

I'm ready Scottie. WOO HOO .. Road Trip!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Ooops that submitted before I was done:

HAPPY NEW YEAR:

Kittykatkay; ShowMe; Mr. Lucky; Predsfan; Gooday, Loveschocolate; Babyfran; Sweetpea; Rondell; WaJa; Cali; Croemer; Vixen;

Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year to you too!

Honored Contributor

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you.......

We are under a winter advisory from 6:00 pm until 6:00 am tomorrow..... But we're not supposed to be getting nearly as much as the Chicago area. They are expecting 8 to 12 inches. Right now it is 46 out there, but it is supposed to get much colder later.

Have to pay some bills today, and then will go to the nearest mail box to get them off to where they are going. And since it is the 1st of the month, will drop my rent check off at the office.

There is a 2 hour D&C show later this afternoon....4:00 to 6:00 my time.... So, you know I won't miss that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Honored Contributor

I just posted on here, and it is now in cyberspace......don't know what happened to it.

Will try again.

Wanted to let you all know that I received an e-mail from our calygrl yesterday evening. In it she asked that I wish you all a Happy New Year from her. She is keeping busy with her little grandson, and is so thankful for that. He is now 8 mos. old. Apparently she is ok. Thank goodness for that. I do worry so much about her.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update on our calygirl, ShowMe.

We have bad weather here too. {#emotions_dlg.sad}