image.jpeg

Everyone adopting a homeless animal should see this picture.  I would label it

BEFORE LOVE

AFTER LOVE

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@NAES1 wrote:

@MaRina

Who had 15 polyps? Patient? Prior to internally found___ Before cancer detected?

I do not understand your statement. Sorry.

Polyps do and can signal a warning if found early. Some are - Some are benign.

My sister had 20 polyps in the uterus very high, so high the medical doctor could not retrieve those for examination, thus the complete hysterectomy, along with ovaries and both tubes. Very young.

Please explain again. I must be missing something. 

I am speaking of excellent communication care within the VA ( today's) system \in bound housed PTSD.

My friend starting chemotherapy today did. She had a port put in about two weeks ago. All I know is she has cancer in her colon. I guess they tested it after she had the polyps removed. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Renna wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@MaRina

Who had 15 polyps? Patient? Prior to internally found___ Before cancer detected?

I do not understand your statement. Sorry.

Polyps do and can signal a warning if found early. Some are - Some are benign.

My sister had 20 polyps in the uterus very high, so high the medical doctor could not retrieve those for examination, thus the complete hysterectomy, along with ovaries and both tubes. Very young.

Please explain again. I must be missing something. 

I am speaking of excellent communication care within the VA ( today's) system \in bound housed PTSD.

My friend starting chemotherapy today did. She had a port put in about two weeks ago. All I know is she has cancer in her colon. I guess they tested it after she had the polyps removed. 

~~~~~~~

@MaRina,

Wondering if she indeed, did have a colonoscopy and staff found the malignant polyps while _under_ anesthesia (during the biopsy)?

I know 15 would be very high in count to have that many W/O an exam, earlier.

Usually every 8-10 years for preventative; that is one promising thing we can have done.

And, I know many shy away from this all -the- time. 

A very sad endurance she will have to undertake.

The polyps were {possibly} cut off to the closest point, as much as I can tell: (from what you told me).

There may have been a resection of bowel or later, though. Since I do not know her history she had before.

Such a shame with all the new technology in medicine. 

The reason I have had [two ] is because my grandmother died of colon cancer at age 66. She must have had complaints 1-2 year prior. I did not want to wait to be older, so the reason being young, having this done.

Grandmother: A very intelligent educator in the school systems: a principal and teacher. BUT! at that time there was nothing like what we have today.

Hers was diagnosed by way of abdominal exploratory surgery when it was far too advanced. 

Keeping your friend in prayers, having courage and no pain, and hopefully a complete eradication of all cancer there in colon or elsewhere.

I am sorry to hear of this,renna

Anyone over the age of 45 should consider their 1st one. I had mine earlier. All siblings did early. Made sure my husband had one and is due for a second, now.

ME: I had '1' tiny bump polyp which was snipped off.

That was scary enough for me. The gene pool that we carry. We do not always know.....  ?

NAES

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

renna wrote:

Good Morning flufferetts 

Can you see me smiling BIG Woman LOL 

I have great news......my tumor wasn't cancerous !!!!!! 

Thank you all again for your prayers,love and support. My oncologist was so excited for us yesterday. Waiting was the hard part not to mention he was running 2 1/2 hours behind. My appointment was set up at 11:45 so we would miss the crazy bay area traffic well that didn't happen, it took us almost 4 hours to get home.

He ordered a MRI in 3-6 months just to make sure it hasn't started growing back, he said it's highly unlikely. But need to do it for my records. He also suggested genetic testing for my son. I'll find out more about that with a letter he's going to send. 

Big gigantic (((((hugs))))) for each of you....renna Heart

Oh, @MaRina!  I'm catching up reading posts from the past few days...  but I had to reply to this one with a shout of joy!  What wonderful news!  I'm so happy for you!Heart

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Good morning, @Preds, @shell garden, @MaRina, @NAES1, @PamfromCT@ShowMe, @loveschocolate, and all the sweet Fluffettes!

@MaRina, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, and I pray for her and her medical team.

@PamfromCT, I hope your foot is healing well.  Don't overdo...  sounds like excitement having DS and DIL coming to move out that furniture, but you have plenty of time to clear things out.  And what a nice adventure, planning what to do with the spaces and possible remodeling!

@loveschocolate, My those pix of Smiley are wonderful.  You've been a good mama to your sweet pets over the years, and they've been blessed to be in your loving care.

@dmod nj!  How nice to see you here!  Drop in more often, you know we welcome you with open arms!

@NAES1, I wish I knew what was happening with your sweet KitTEE.  I fed a tiny feral cat for several years...  she (or he?) eventually allowed me to pet her on the head a few times, but was very shy.  She would disappear sometimes for months, and the reappear... never knew why, but eventually she vanished completely.  Always made me tear up thinking about her, living out in the elements that way.    I remember your posts about little Cream kitty.  We do fall in love with them, don't we?

Regarding Florida:  I love visiting, and my family used to go to St. Augustine for a week or 2 every summer, so I love that little city.  I have 2 dear friends in the Port St. Lucie area, and they love it there.   But it's so subjective... and I'm sure it's really different from one part of the state to another.  Sound like it would be wonderful to be near your DS, though.

@ShowMe, Oh, honey.  I know you're tired of the treatments.  Have you asked your doctor(s) about someone who could help you learn a form of meditation, or guided imagery, visualization, bio-feedback, deep breathing, self-hypnosis, that sort of thing?  Those techniques can be so helpful as an adjunct to prayer, in centering us, moving us into a more peaceful place in our mind and soul.   How I (and so many others) wish I had the power to make the next visit one in which they told you everything was healed and you could stop the chemo.  My prayers are with you, my heart goes out to you, and I send my love.  We, as a group, encircle you with healing, loving thoughts and prayers.

Have a lovely Wednesday, everyone.

Valentine butterfly kiss animated emoticon

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo Smiley Happy

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dmod nj wrote:

Waving hi to everyone, Smiley Happy  

Fluffy, I know Tuesday is treatment day. Just leaving a hug filled with strength for you. 

Our beloved teams begin their quest for the World Series in about two weeks.   I am so ready!!!

Please take care.  I continue to keep you in my prayers. 

Heart

Morning dmod.......   Yes, another treatment day here and gone.  Thanks for the hug and strength you sent my way.  And continue to need all those prayers. 

Oh my, I can hardly wait for the next two weeks to go by.  Still not sure if I will be able to do the threads or not.  That, as you know, takes a lot of concentration and energy.  Will have to see.  With all the horrible stuff going on, we need something to distracts us, and that something will be baseball.......

You take care too, and always love hearing from you.

Honored Contributor

Happy Wednesday one and all......  It is a beautiful sunny day out there.  Supposed to get up to about 72 once again (did yesterday)..  Then rain will be coming in with another cold front.  Expecting rain on Easter, and colder temps.  Once again there is supposed to be some snow north of us.....hope it stays up there. 

Well, treatment day went pretty good.  My nurse, Julie, is one of the sweetest nurses there.  She is the one Dr. G. assigned to me......  But, when she is busy with other patients, the other nurses fill in for her.  They are all very wonderful ladies and do a good job with all of us. 

Had a rough night last night.  Just couldn't settle down, and when I would fall asleep, it wouldn't be long and I was awake once again.  Guess I finally got my best sleep after 5:00.  Woke up at about 8:00 so I got up.  Maybe I will sleep better tonight.

renna called me yesterday when I was at the hospital...  so, I returned her call.  She was out for a little bit when I called, so left a message for her.  She returned my call in the evening.  Her DH was fixing her plate for her dinner.  I know she just wants all of her situation to be over with, but it takes time for the body to heal after major surgery.  We chatted for a while about what went on.....  She will be ok, and know she is so thankful the tumor was not cancerous.  That is what is important. 

Have already made arrangements with my friend, Shirley, for when I go on the 19th for my full body PETscan,  That has to be done before my appointment with Dr. G. 

Don't have any plans to do anything today......except for resting.  Will try to go walk the drivethru this afternoon for some sunshine and fresh air. 

Nothing else new here, and I need to go get something in my tummy now.  Will be back later.

Have a wonderful day. 

Honored Contributor

From dBd....... 

@ShowMe, Oh, honey.  I know you're tired of the treatments.  Have you asked your doctor(s) about someone who could help you learn a form of meditation, or guided imagery, visualization, bio-feedback, deep breathing, self-hypnosis, that sort of thing?  Those techniques can be so helpful as an adjunct to prayer, in centering us, moving us into a more peaceful place in our mind and soul.   How I (and so many others) wish I had the power to make the next visit one in which they told you everything was healed and you could stop the chemo.  My prayers are with you, my heart goes out to you, and I send my love.  We, as a group, encircle you with healing, loving thoughts and prayers.

Dr. G knows I am getting tired of the treatments, and he keeps encouraging me to continue.  Believe me, the day I am told I am remission the whole world will know it.  But Dr. G has said that even when I get into remission he wants to continue the treatments for a while.....to be on the safe side.  Usually I am pretty upbeat, but do have my down days.....which from what I have heard from some of the other patients, that is normal.  The young man sitting next to me yesterday has been having treatments now going on 2 years.  He is battling colon cancer. 

Very interesting conversations went on yesterday.  All of us were talking about the blurred vision.....so that is pretty common, along with being tired and cold a great amount of the time.  So far, no one in the room is on OPDIVO except for me.  The woman on the other side of me is having chemo before her breast is removed.  She has a very rare form of breast cancer that is not usually detected until it is in stage 3......very difficult to diagnose this form.  She has lost her hair already, and bought a human hair wig.  But doesn't wear it when getting a treatment.  She had a knit hat on.  She is on a number of different drips when she is there.....steroids, anti-nausea, etc, plus the chemo.  Sits there for quite some time.  She is also a patient of Dr. G. 

Deep breathing is one thing I do to relax. 

Oh, before I forget.....my BP was 104/68 yesterday.  That is pretty low.  The lowest it has ever been so far.  Julie said I must be very relaxed.  Before they can even start my chemo, the blood work has to be done, then it is reported to Dr. G. along with my vitals....he has to approve it all before the treatment is started. 

Ok dBd.....thanks for the suggestions.  You are always thinking of things to help me through this.  And, I really appreciate it.  Love ya sweetie. 

Better go get dressed and do my dishes.  Running out of coffee cups.....lol.