Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

[ Edited ]

@Preds wrote:

@ShowMe, cry all you want to.  I think you have earned that right.  Heck, I've done it this week just because.  Sweet potato?  YUK!  That is something I never could get a taste for.  I can cook them (for moms side of the family) but testing them was yucking for me.  LOL  They loved them so I guess all was good.  Smiley Wink

We had a can of Dinty Moore beef stew and grilled cheese last night.  Rough time in the kitchen. Smiley Happy  Tonight may be sliced meat sammies. 

Rest as much as you can because you overwork yourself on "other" days.  Huggies to you honey.  Rubs for Mr. Lucky, too.

Hey Preds.......    I had another good cry this afternoon.  I was playing some games on my computer, and the phone rang.   It was a long time male friend that my x and I met on a plane when we were flying to Fla.  He was on spring break with some of his buddies from the Osteopathic school he was going to.  Really a very good young man, and we became very close friends with both he and his brother.  His brother went to law school at St. Louis University.  When he graduated, their parents came to the graduation, and I got an invitation too.....that is when I met his whole family.  My boy's name is Lou......he is married and they have 2 children, a dtr. in college, and a boy in HS.  Believe it or not, haven't met his wife nor the kids.  But have talked with his wife several times.  Lou calls me every once in a while to see how I am doing......and each time we end the conversation he tells me he loves me.  Guess I was sort of melancholy today, and when I hung up I just burst into tears.  He said they want to make a trip here to see me......  I would so love that. 

Sorry you don't care for sweet potatoes.  They are really very good when baked in the micro......only put real butter, salt and pepper on it.    Your stew sounds good, and a grilled cheese is always tops on my list of favorite sandwiches. 

Have had my share of rest......and tomorrow I will be busy here.......then the girls come to clean late in the afternoon.  It will be good to have a clean apartment again.

Ok dear, you take care......and give Buster a big hug.  Hope he is feeling better now. 

Are you fixing Thanksgiving this year??????

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Well Hello, so good to see the thread is still moving. Fluffy we will pray until your next doctor's visit that all is well. I may not be here much but I do thin about you all and of course Miss Fluffy.

Happy Anniversary loveschocolate!

Hope everyone is OK and all pets are doing better as well.

I have been so busy...and now of course starting Thanksgiving menu, decorating etc. Our Thanksgiving will be early due to the kiddos having conflicting events around that time.

Hi there sweet buddie........sure happy when you come to join in.  Miss you when you're not here. 

Hope you enjoy your early Thanksgiving dinner with your loved ones.  So hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. 

Please give scottie my best.  And tell her I miss her......  Thanks!!!!!

Hi!! I will for sure tell scottie hello for you. I have missed you and all the ladies here. Fluffy whether I am here or not...please know I do think about and pray for you all the time. Cry...go for it...a good cry is one way of just letting it out. Who doesn't cry...dealing with way less then you. Any plans for Thanksgiving?  How is your sister? Hope you will not be alone?

HiYa doo...nice seeing you as well. Best to you and yours.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Friday, Fluffettes,

ShowMe, I want to add my voice to the chorus telling you it is fine to be sad and cry.  Think of it as a release valve.  Everybody cries.  Everybody has times they don't feel very happy.  It will pass, and the sunshine will come in.

My cousin retired a few years back from Washington University.  He spent his whole career there.  They have now moved out of state, but they were very happy there.  What a coincidence that you live in St. Louis!

As far as keeping you warm and cozy, Polar Fleece sheets are just the best for keeping you warm in bed.  They do sell them on QVC, and we enjoy them through our nippy CT winters.  I also find polar fleece pjs and robes very warm.  Hope you can get one of those electric throws to keep you cozy.  My kitty is not a lap cat either.  Please feel better soon and know so many care so much about you!

To add to the confusion about the tea for anxiety, in the same issue of the magazine I quoted, there is a second topic in yet another article.  gee, I hope nobody ran out and stocked up on black tea quite yet.  Life gets complicated.

Erase Anxiety with Masala Chai

"Ayurvedic remedies can outperform prescription anxiety meds, say Indian researchers.  For example, sipping 12 oz of Masal chai tea (which combines five spices - cardamom, ginger, clove, black pepper and cinnamon - with black tea) will calm your brain's anxiety center, relaxing you within 20 minutes.  find it in health-food stores or online (try Adagio Masala Chai, $3 for a 10-cup sample, Adagio.com)."

Sorry for all the confusion.  My very best wishes to all!

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Well Hello, so good to see the thread is still moving. Fluffy we will pray until your next doctor's visit that all is well. I may not be here much but I do thin about you all and of course Miss Fluffy.

Happy Anniversary loveschocolate!

Hope everyone is OK and all pets are doing better as well.

I have been so busy...and now of course starting Thanksgiving menu, decorating etc. Our Thanksgiving will be early due to the kiddos having conflicting events around that time.

Hi there sweet buddie........sure happy when you come to join in.  Miss you when you're not here. 

Hope you enjoy your early Thanksgiving dinner with your loved ones.  So hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next week. 

Please give scottie my best.  And tell her I miss her......  Thanks!!!!!

Hi!! I will for sure tell scottie hello for you. I have missed you and all the ladies here. Fluffy whether I am here or not...please know I do think about and pray for you all the time. Cry...go for it...a good cry is one way of just letting it out. Who doesn't cry...dealing with way less then you. Any plans for Thanksgiving?  How is your sister? Hope you will not be alone?

HiYa doo...nice seeing you as well. Best to you and yours.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!

Sorry for not responding sooner croemer, but this is the first I've been on here today.

The cleaning girls got her earlier than originally told they would be here.....but that notice was given to me in the morning......so, it was ok.  You know how things have to be put back to where they belong when they are finished, and I had to do that.....because it would drive me nuts if I didn't get it done. 

Thanks for giving scottie my best......

You asked about Thanksgiving.  Talked my sister out of flying here for either Thanksgiving or Christmas.  You know how so many folks travel by air for those holidays, and all I would need is for her to come her, get sick while here, and then I catch it.......just couldn't risk that with my immune system right now.  So as it stands, I will be alone for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Really, that doesn't bother me.  Have been alone many times, and sometimes I think I am better off when I am alone. 

Sis is fine.  She recently purchased a purple (dark) Lincoln mini suv......has an ivory interior (all leather).  She said it is the color of grape juice, so I said she should call it "JUICIE"....   lol

Having a nice taste of winter this weekend.......supposed to rain to night and possibly snow flurries in the morning.  But it won't stick......the ground is too warm for that.

Here's hoping you have a great one.

Respected Contributor

ShowMe if you go to fashion site there are pictures of Angel in her wedding gown. She looks beautiful and stunning. You will love how she looks I am sure.  Take care.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Happy Friday, Fluffettes,

ShowMe, I want to add my voice to the chorus telling you it is fine to be sad and cry.  Think of it as a release valve.  Everybody cries.  Everybody has times they don't feel very happy.  It will pass, and the sunshine will come in.

My cousin retired a few years back from Washington University.  He spent his whole career there.  They have now moved out of state, but they were very happy there.  What a coincidence that you live in St. Louis!

As far as keeping you warm and cozy, Polar Fleece sheets are just the best for keeping you warm in bed.  They do sell them on QVC, and we enjoy them through our nippy CT winters.  I also find polar fleece pjs and robes very warm.  Hope you can get one of those electric throws to keep you cozy.  My kitty is not a lap cat either.  Please feel better soon and know so many care so much about you!

To add to the confusion about the tea for anxiety, in the same issue of the magazine I quoted, there is a second topic in yet another article.  gee, I hope nobody ran out and stocked up on black tea quite yet.  Life gets complicated.

Erase Anxiety with Masala Chai

"Ayurvedic remedies can outperform prescription anxiety meds, say Indian researchers.  For example, sipping 12 oz of Masal chai tea (which combines five spices - cardamom, ginger, clove, black pepper and cinnamon - with black tea) will calm your brain's anxiety center, relaxing you within 20 minutes.  find it in health-food stores or online (try Adagio Masala Chai, $3 for a 10-cup sample, Adagio.com)."

Sorry for all the confusion.  My very best wishes to all!

Hi Pam.......   You are so understanding, as so many are on here.  Am doing better tonight.  Right now I am having a delicious cup of hot chocolate.  It tastes so good. 

Didn't know what I wanted for supper tonight, so I went across the street to Jersey Mike's and got a Reuben.  Boy, was it delicious.  Do you have that chain up there????  Could not eat the whole thing, so now I have the other half for lunch tomorrow.

I too have some of those sheets, and yes they are great when it is very cold......otherwise I would get way to warm.  I have a down blanket that I got from the Q, and that does keep me plenty warm, along with my nice warm jammies I wear.  And I do have a nice warm robe.  Think a heated throw would be too much for me when I am wearing some of those fleece lounge jammies I have.  Several years ago for Christmas, my sis sent me a very cute dkny jammie set.  It is so nice to lounge in.....but too warm to sleep in. 

Back in February when I started with the treatments, we didn't have that much winter left and I really don't remember how it affected me......   Too much was going on at that time.  I will be ok.....just have to learn what to wear and when to wear it.  Thank goodness I purchased all those fleece D&C tops previously......now I have them.  Some are too big for me now, but that is ok......will still wear them.

Interesting about your cousin teaching at Wash U......it is a wonderful university.  We are fortunate here in St. Louis to have two very fine universities......Wash U and St. Louis U.  Both have law schools and both are affiliated with hospitals and have medical schools.  Yes, St. Louis is a lovely location to live in.  We do make the news.....but it is usually when something bad happens here......   We do have some very lovely places of interest here.  Fantastic symphony, art museum, beautiful zoo (free), and the home of beer.....  Much more. 

Thanks so much for showing your concern.  It means a lot.  And yes, I know there are many on here that care......

Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

ShowMe if you go to fashion site there are pictures of Angel in her wedding gown. She looks beautiful and stunning. You will love how she looks I am sure.  Take care.

Thanks for this info.  Will go check it out.  Knew it was this week some time.  Am sure she looks quite lovely......