Honored Contributor

Re: SHOWME'S Mr. Lucky......

@ShowMe wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Hello strangers! Popping in to check on Fluffy.Man Very Happy

Spoiler

I have been MIA and hoping she is doing ok?

Hi to all you other ladies, I see Mick, Loves and Preds are here...so hi there. First day of school MickD...how'd it go?

Haven't read back...but wishing you all well.

Well, well, well......look who popped in to check on us.  Was so thrilled to see your post this morning.  croemer......we really miss you a lot. 

Will fill you in in as few of words as possible with what has been going on with me.  Was off my chemo for several weeks because of my hearing loss.  Am sure it is because of the chemo, and Dr. G had me go to an ENT.....The vision problem and now the hearing problem, I have become very nervous.  I am back on the chemo again because I have to get this C out of my body......  After all, this battle has been going on for 8 months now.  Am back with the loss of appetite and getting tired very easily.  This is getting old.....am now wanting something new.....like a miracle......

Hope all is well with you.....am sure you are anxious for fall too.  I know I am. 

Thank goodness I am keeping up with some of the posters that have left via phone and e-mail.  One that I really miss is scottie......hope she is well and behaving herself. 

Please don't stay away so long next time.  Sending you lots of love and hugs. 

Oh noooooooooo...hearing loss, eye problems...make it stop. You poor thing! I can not believe all the problems you are having. I am sorry to read this. I have been praying for you and will continue. Blessing Miss Fluffy.Heart

Can you see my post with this font size? Please take care and eat well...k?

Did not mean to leave anyone out...hello to all! I see some have checked in since last night. Love the animal posts very funny. I will pop in later...see you guys then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@croemer wrote:

Hello strangers! Popping in to check on Fluffy.Man Very Happy

Spoiler

I have been MIA and hoping she is doing ok?

Hi to all you other ladies, I see Mick, Loves and Preds are here...so hi there. First day of school MickD...how'd it go?

Haven't read back...but wishing you all well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~,,,,,,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Late for me, I know. Hope Heartyou come and visit us later on -maybe 12 noon or JUST after..................           Smiling here}<

The name is 1) _Not an easy sale OR>>>>>

2) NAES.................................I'll answer to _Naes or just about 

Anything,,,,,,

mia,  Woman Surprisedokay??? 

......                     ...... where have you been!!???????????????

@NAES1........  You are so funny......love that you will "answer to anything"......LOL  You were up rather late......  What time zone do you live in??????

Ok, gotta go eat some Cheerios now......I'm a little hungry. 

...mmh, ____I'll take that- being funny.

It's my husband that had the great personality, and IS a natural to being ad lib funny. That was one on the 'main reasons' I fell in love with him..What A Personality! Actually, SHOWME I was always so serious...more like -`too much into myself with starting to become a profession model`, but as life has it, through God, this was not to be. I was introduce to a top designer in NYC as a promotion international director whom I had modeled for (locally)- {in one of the main shops)}was I told instantly, he wanted to have me sign on and have my life changed overnight, at age 17.  My mother was very (somewhat) excited but knew very little about travel, going away that far, so it was a 3 day family meeting of any decisions that I choose this path. My father did not approve of the idea period. He told me that my life, at that age would change me from who I was --so to wait much later and maybe would think about it. THINK about [it]?  As those 3 days passed and an answer had to made in signing, my mother had the final to mean the last word and loudly said , 'no'. 

It was not as crushing of a blow that one who knew me to have any disappointing regrets. I suppose if I were another young 17 year old I could have just left but I did not. I valured my parents' decision ; I believe I knew just a little more of the fast track I would be on and I was actually my own decision maker and have alwayds been. What did happen after hig school, I had no actual desire in where my druthers were. I just knew i knew absolutely what I did not want to do, but gave myseld one half of a year to tet myself while everyone else who I graduated with were in the university or teacher's college. Some of the young girls settled in getting married but I certainly knew that was not for me ...maybe never. Me, married at 18..No Way could I survive being married, maybe becoming a mother. I knew zero about domestic chore and certainly had no idea what I would be doing with a baby. ( I baysat 1 time in my entire life and that was enough for me, at 16; never forgot `that...) 

What did happen was my mother became ill and was hosptialized. I was in an enviroment that was as foreign to me as being on the other side of the globe. But, with my dad upon visiting my precious mom , something clicked: I realized these patient people called nurses were attending, helping and saving lives. I thought about it for 2 weeks, then enrolled into a very difficult college program for nursing only. That was what I was beginning to like but loved the reserch better, which came later. My biggest obstable was to be book smart, having almost total recall but the face /body did not go with the clinical floor training. 

Later I was encourage to stop this program and go directly in to health at a higher level which I declined. I saw where this was going -to pre med of some nature, which meant I would be in school for 12+ years all of the time. Thinking aloud, being 18 advancing to around 28-30...." no I wanted to have fun and travel which I did". The reserch came much later. I was chosen to be a nursing medical instructor for a short time period, than I chose to work only surgery floor, clinic and post surgery. Actually, I was called to work through the the nurse registry which I was my own boss and not owned by any certain hosptial. I had so much free time to date, go to parties, travel...this was for me. One afternoon the head nurse from medical called me over to almost beg me to assist with a PRE-dying patient going to surgery {Horrific car crash victim} hospitalized for 53 days. Every bone was either fractured (broken) or organ were injured and tubes from every orifice...he was described as a difficult patient but was not -he was supposedly in shock but doctor's orders wer to have pain med every 4 hours which he refused. That's where I come in to the picture. Back to the medical head nurse asking if I would, now wit 4 nurses surrounding me,- "PLEASE" to go in and give him the pain med by injection. 

WHAT AN ORDEAL! Putting his one hand up to say -AWAY, I told him I do not work here- I will not see you again- I was told you need this...like it or not. He had to rest so he needed something to sleep and maintain strength before this tenative surger to put in a titanium rod in the fumur (upper leg bone). His mother was there and asked if I could be his nurse and of course I said no I do not work this floor. He could not stand me nor could I with him. I gave the inj, and left. I did not go back for days and that was due to his mother asking for me to come, which I did.

@Fast forward: 3 weeks later I came by to check on him and he asked me to come back the next day. OH NO, wasn't going there again. BUT! I did. When I opened the door -day 15, I took one look at him -those seep blue eyes an d a hint of a smile, that was when I whispered to myself, "that's the man I am going to marry". And we did 6 months later. On crutches, loss 70 pounds @ 102, one huge mess, but my love from somewhere when I least expected it. Tomorrow is our anniversary, the 27th  of August. Never had any regrets, never loved anyone as I di with him. Can not explain how this happened out of the blue, but it did and I am as much IN LOVE probaly more than I ever realized. He mad me laugh and has kept me laughing ever since. True story- The END.

Honored Contributor

@Gooday wrote:

Run loves, Run MickD!!!!

@Gooday, lololol! I LOVE that movie!!! I "walked" 5.2 miles today. The weather here is beautiful, but it's not going to last. Sigh....

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe, sorry you had an awful day yesterday. Hugs!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Preds, that goes for me also. Missing croemer. Happiness to her and her family. 

@Preds wrote:

Waving a BIG HI to @croemer!  Miss ya' girl!

Preds, also want to thank you for being that one 1st friend who helped me on June 15th....finding "IF" my profile was there or gone.  WHAT A DAY THAT WAS. 

YOU SEARCHED AND SEARCHED UNTIL YOU KNEW MUCH MORE THAN I DID.

MY ANNIVERSARY IS TOMORROW~~ SO HAVING MY HAIR DONE AND ALL OF THAT STUFF.

May not be here as I was (ABLE) from the past 3 days.

Tomorrow will be a good day.

"Everyone have a peaceful fulfilled day"~

NAES' Anniversary; AUGUST 27, 2015

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Written on: > August 26th, 2015

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Preds, that goes for me also. Missing croemer. Happiness to her and her family. 

@Preds wrote:

Waving a BIG HI to @croemer!  Miss ya' girl!

Preds, also want to thank you for being that one 1st friend who helped me on June 15th....finding "IF" my profile was there or gone.  WHAT A DAY THAT WAS. 

YOU SEARCHED AND SEARCHED UNTIL YOU KNEW MUCH MORE THAN I DID.

MY ANNIVERSARY IS TOMORROW~~ SO HAVING MY HAIR DONE AND ALL OF THAT STUFF.

May not be here as I was (ABLE) from the past 3 days.

Tomorrow will be a good day.

"Everyone have a peaceful fulfilled day"~

NAES' Anniversary; AUGUST 27, 2015

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Written on: > August 26th, 2015

Happy Anniversary!  You better look better than good sweetie! LOL  If it's a great one, we won't see you for a few days!  Smiley Happy 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@NAES1

I can now see why you have the nic you have.  Pretty clever......you are......

What a beautiful love story you have.  Your DH was so fortunate you went back to check to see how he was doing.    You probably never thought at that time how so much in love you would be for so long with your DH.  Here's hoping you have a very happy anniversary.......you 2 deserve it. 

And no wonder you know so much about what I am going through......now I don 't have to be so curious anymore about how you know so much.......  Have been so fortunate to have met so many wonderful women on these boards.  Those are the ones you never forget.......  I know my memory book is getting pretty full.....  There was a time when I was ready to never come on here again, but I kept coming back.  There was a reason for that and I am so happy that I did come back.  It would take a lot to get me to quit posting on these forums.......

Happy you are getting beautiful for your sweetheart.  He will probably not be able to get his eyes off of you......  Have fun what ever you do, and don't even think about us.......

Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

Honored Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate

Well, we all know how disturbing families can get......and guess it was my turn (AGAIN).  But getting that upset right now for me is not the best thing.  I need all my energy to fight what is going on in my body, not to worry about what family members are feeling....... 

Hey, by the way, what is going on with your mother-in-law????  Is she still scheduled for surgery or is she getting a 2nd opinion??????

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@loveschocolate wrote:

@loveschocolate

Well, we all know how disturbing families can get......and guess it was my turn (AGAIN).  But getting that upset right now for me is not the best thing.  I need all my energy to fight what is going on in my body, not to worry about what family members are feeling....... 

Hey, by the way, what is going on with your mother-in-law????  Is she still scheduled for surgery or is she getting a 2nd opinion??????

@ShowMe, no, she isn't getting a second opinion. We haven't heard yet when her surgery is. Thing is it will be at OSU medical center, so that's inconvienant. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@NAES1

I can now see why you have the nic you have.  Pretty clever......you are......

What a beautiful love story you have.  Your DH was so fortunate you went back to check to see how he was doing.    You probably never thought at that time how so much in love you would be for so long with your DH.  Here's hoping you have a very happy anniversary.......you 2 deserve it. 

And no wonder you know so much about what I am going through......now I don 't have to be so curious anymore about how you know so much.......  Have been so fortunate to have met so many wonderful women on these boards.  Those are the ones you never forget.......  I know my memory book is getting pretty full.....  There was a time when I was ready to never come on here again, but I kept coming back.  There was a reason for that and I am so happy that I did come back.  It would take a lot to get me to quit posting on these forums.......

Happy you are getting beautiful for your sweetheart.  He will probably not be able to get his eyes off of you......  Have fun what ever you do, and don't even think about us.......

Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@    @ShowMe:

Heart Sending all of my prayerful thoughts to you with great admiration from 'ALL' of us, Always~

Will talk with later, maybe in 24 hours.

Thank you for the kind words.          

You are doing great!

Prayers for Heartyou, dear heart~

NAES