Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte...his behavior/lies continue...

He will loose endorsements ($$$$).  I don't think he will be welcomed at other events either.  I understand his mother was also involved and had her part too. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I don't know that endorsements were a big part of his future... Seems to me, his money making potential would've been more significant after the London Olympics, at which he played a more major role and where he was more of a success... I recall after those games, his star was briefly on the rise, but when what appeared to be his 'true colors' became more clear, his esteem factor sort of plummeted... This was probably his chance at some sort of redemption and to be taken seriously but he didn't make the most of it. After the last games, he briefly had a reality TV show that seemed to go nowhere, and short of another shot at that, what's really left for this guy...?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

He will loose endorsements ($$$$).  I don't think he will be welcomed at other events either.  I understand his mother was also involved and had her part too. 

AFAIK, the only "part" she played was that she was the first person he lied to, and the major *reason* he lied in the first place, but that's hardly an active participant.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

Did he take an earlier flight back to the US? Or did he leave as scheduled?

As far as anything I've heard, his departure was "as scheduled", not early.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

He is only apologizing so he can get huge endorsement deals. 

@missy1

I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

He is 32 for gosh sakes. Saying simply "he is young give him a break" is ridiculous. Certainly old enough to know better. It is actually embarassing. Just an ugly example of an indulgent, spoiled, immature American.

I hope this "Adult Child" loses money. Maybe he will get the message.  

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@cody2 wrote:
I read some place that Lochte got a one word instagram. It said "Thank you" and it was signed Hope Solo. Smiley Happy

@cody2   Yep...which basicly says...Whew! So glad the heat is off my b-u-t-t now...

There should be an overhaul of the Olympic rules and have it include bad behavior - ethics and morals which (IMO) should be incorporated/ that should play into the winning of medals and/or losing your medals. 

As for say Hope Solo..for example, IF the team won a medal, the team keeps their medals and Hope loses hers for bad behavior...

@Susan Louise

I think it's a bit of an "apples and oranges" thing.

While we would hope that all athletes behave in an ethical  and adult manner, not doing so certainly doesn't negate their athletic excellence and any new world records set in their events.   You can't pretend new records didn't occur!

I must have missed the Hope Solo brouhaha ..... haven't heard a word about her, so I can't comment on that.  

Esteemed Contributor

I read that he had misbehavior problems as a child. Looks like he never grew up. I remember after the last Olympics there was an attempt to promote him as some sort of celebrity but as soon as he opened his mouth it was clear the guy may be a great swimmer but out of the pool he's a real dud.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44, re: Hope Solo, she is the (rather infamous for her mouth) goalie of the US Olympic soccer team. When the US lost to Sweden, she branded the Swedish team as "cowards" in the media because they didn't play a tactical game that met with her approval. Didn't go over well with anyone, including her own team, and most likely will not be asked to return to represent the US.