Honored Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte...his behavior/lies continue...

He is only apologizing so he can get huge endorsement deals. 

Honored Contributor

I'm thinkin' that Michael Phelps is thanking his lucky stars he left all that behind him when he matured, got his act together, had a child and is getting married. He spent that night with his new family. I'm sure he could see himself in Lochte's behavior and realized it could have been him, and he dodged a bullet.

If Lochte was truly counting on any endorsement deals, he is going to be SO out of luck on that. An All-American Boy who gets falling-down drunk, vandalizes property, get belligerent about and the lies about it, is caught in the lie and yet persists in the lie - NOT a roll model for anyone, not even liars 😈

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Susan Louise I agree with you.  I also used the word me.  I didn't say I was representing anyone else.  I also meant it when I say I think he's gotten too much press.  Did you know that cable is now re-showing that stupid show he did a few years back?  Ugh!

I keep hearing about this but I hear very little about all of the people who went over there, those who won and those who gave it their best try.

I apologize for myself if I mess up, but that's it.  I think we all apologize too much for things we had nothing to do with.  I just said I'm not embarrassed.  

@Annabellethecat66  Oh my! Nothing to apologize for...*Hugs*

I guess I was just trying to show how a simple act can effect folks so differently...the full spectrum of various emotions...or none at all.

As for my DH, he is only annoyed by the fact it's taking up news time...broadcasts at the Olympics and here at home.

Hope that clarifies my reaction to your post for you Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

He 's not to bright. Is he ??

He is young, and alcohol is that mixer that just screws up lives. I think he is bright, he just made bad choices drunk.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

He is only apologizing so he can get huge endorsement deals. 

He's not even apologizing for breaking the law and lying about it, he's basically only apologizing that people "aren't understanding" HIS version.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

None of it embarrasses me.  I prefer to acknowledge the amazing things accomplished by all of the other Americans.

I don't know (and none of us REALLY knows) what went on.  I don't really care.  I think he's gotten too much publicity as it is.  It takes away from all of the other amazing Americans who brought home a medal.

I also chose to recognize the accomplishments of all of the Americans who competed (but didn't win a medal).  They did an excellent job representing our Country.

Let us not forget all of the Americans who went there to see the Olympics (family, friends and fans).  They did nothing wrong.  

I hope none of the above mentioned is embarrassed either.  I'm not apologizing for something a few immature males did.  

@Annabellethecat66  Different things effect folks in different ways...

I am truly embarrassed.

I have many friends in other countries. I'm not embarrassed as being *responsible* in any way, and I think most people know that. I'm embarrassed that ordinary people in other countries see this behavior by an "average American", Olympian or not. And his behavior is not isolated. What about Hope Solo's jerky poor loser comments? That was almost as bad. Her teammates disavowed her statements and were embarrassed and angered by them. So we have TWO instances of worldwide coverage of American sportsmen who behave badly during a worldwide event. Yeah, that's embarrassing in that I'm an American who understands that the world has *reason* to be embarrassed.

Respected Contributor

I read some place that Lochte got a one word instagram. It said "Thank you" and it was signed Hope Solo. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

He 's not to bright. Is he ??

He is young, and alcohol is that mixer that just screws up lives. I think he is bright, he just made bad choices drunk.

I wish this was true but this is not his first incident of this type of behavior:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/ryan-lochte-olympics-secret-criminal-past-exposed/

None of this would have happened if he hadn't lied to his mother in the first place as now he has not only damaged himself but has taken down three other athletes with him.

Honored Contributor

@cody2 wrote:
I read some place that Lochte got a one word instagram. It said "Thank you" and it was signed Hope Solo. Smiley Happy

Ouch! . . . tee hee!

Please know I do not expect Olympic athletes to be perfect but I do expect them to behave with some sense of decorum.  Sigh.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

He is 32 for gosh sakes. Saying simply "he is young give him a break" is ridiculous. Certainly old enough to know better. It is actually embarassing. Just an ugly example of an indulgent, spoiled, immature American.