Respected Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte...his behavior/lies continue...

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Whatever Lochte says or does, has zero impact on my life.

I highly doubt that he would have had many endorsements anyway, even if this whole thing hadn't happened.

The big star this year is Phelps, not Lochte.

The media took this story and decided to sensationalize it, and milk it for all it is worth.

Now that he has had his "big interview", I hope that this whole story can disappear in to obscurity.

As for his future in swimming, he has already peaked as an athlete.

I agree.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Personally, I'm not embarrassed for him and I'm not embarrassed by him... His actions are ridiculous but I didn't have anything to do with them, nor did the US Olympic Committee. He, alone, has to own them.

As I recall his only gold medal this trip was a group effort.. Rescinding his medal would mean rescinding the others, and that doesn't strike me as a good solution... Even it he'd won a solo medal, I don't think antics 'off the field' are a viable reason to, in effect, declare that someone didn't win an event when they clearly did...

I agree.

Valued Contributor

The whole incident was unfortunate, but really, when you consider the whole sports world there's plenty of jerky behavior going on.  My gosh, assault, rape, even murder have been committed by professional sports figures and often with few repercussions.  When we value sports ability more than brain-power that's what we get.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

He has to hire a media consultant to figue out what the truth is?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

He just lost two endorsements.

Ralph Lauren did not pick up his contract past the Olympics, and Speedo has dropped him, donating $50,000 of his fee to a Brazilian charity for children and dropping his page from their website.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

Ralph Lauren did not pick up his contract past the Olympics, and Speedo has dropped him, donating $50,000 of his fee to a Brazilian charity for children and dropping his page from their website.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/22/speedo-ends-sponsorship-ryan-lochte.html

I noticed that the Ralph Lauren website still has him on its front page (right side at the bottom). 

Honored Contributor

@GATORGIRL wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/22/speedo-ends-sponsorship-ryan-lochte.html

I noticed that the Ralph Lauren website still has him on its front page (right side at the bottom). 

Probably because they said his Ralph Lauren deal was for the Games only and stops with the end of the Games - though they would probably have picked him up for more if he hadn't shot himself in the foot.

He also has had a deal with a mattress company (odd sponsor) who have not commented thus far. The article I read said he hadn't had many deals to start with compared to other swimmers.

Since he is 32 years old, won't be swimming any more (not least if the US Swimming governing body has anything to say about it), has no endorsements and isn't the brightest bulb, wonder what he'll do for money now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Demolition?