Honored Contributor

Ryan Lochte...his behavior/lies continue...

And I have reached a point that I have to use the remote whenever the news stations update the whole saga. Honestly, it just makes me cringe with embarrassment...

Honored Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte...his behavior/lies continue...

Wow!  What's the latest?

Honored Contributor

I ran across this article too late to catch the preview of the Matt Lauer interview scheduled for Monday but these pictures really grind my gears as NBC sent a private plane to fly him and his girlfriend to NYC to try and defend his pretty much indefensible behavior:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3750943/Lochte-breaks-cover-Disgraced-swimmer-lands-North-Ca...

He's only sad because it finally seeped into his noggin that his endorsement deals were dropping faster than that sign he ripped off the wall at that gas station in Rio . . . sigh.

Honored Contributor

He 's not to bright. Is he ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

This is a very clear example of how people of any age should not behave. Perhaps parents anywhere can explain to their children why the actions of the American swimmers is so wrong. Helping kids to see the consequences of these athletes behaviors might prevent some kids from doing anything like this. Of course the media are saturating us with their coverage. That,s what goes on nowadays. Using this sad event to teach our children the results of bad behavior is a valuable lesson. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

He 's not to bright. Is he ??

@QVCkitty1 10 minutes into his E! reality series I realized how lousy they were to put this guy on national TV as clearly he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  It's the same with the Anna Nicole Smith debacle.  E! for me stands for E!xploitive.

Honored Contributor

None of it embarrasses me.  I prefer to acknowledge the amazing things accomplished by all of the other Americans.

I don't know (and none of us REALLY knows) what went on.  I don't really care.  I think he's gotten too much publicity as it is.  It takes away from all of the other amazing Americans who brought home a medal.

I also chose to recognize the accomplishments of all of the Americans who competed (but didn't win a medal).  They did an excellent job representing our Country.

Let us not forget all of the Americans who went there to see the Olympics (family, friends and fans).  They did nothing wrong.  

I hope none of the above mentioned is embarrassed either.  I'm not apologizing for something a few immature males did.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

None of it embarrasses me.  I prefer to acknowledge the amazing things accomplished by all of the other Americans.

I don't know (and none of us REALLY knows) what went on.  I don't really care.  I think he's gotten too much publicity as it is.  It takes away from all of the other amazing Americans who brought home a medal.

I also chose to recognize the accomplishments of all of the Americans who competed (but didn't win a medal).  They did an excellent job representing our Country.

Let us not forget all of the Americans who went there to see the Olympics (family, friends and fans).  They did nothing wrong.  

I hope none of the above mentioned is embarrassed either.  I'm not apologizing for something a few immature males did.  

@Annabellethecat66  Different things effect folks in different ways...

I am truly embarrassed.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise I agree with you.  I also used the word me.  I didn't say I was representing anyone else.  I also meant it when I say I think he's gotten too much press.  Did you know that cable is now re-showing that stupid show he did a few years back?  Ugh!

I keep hearing about this but I hear very little about all of the people who went over there, those who won and those who gave it their best try.

I apologize for myself if I mess up, but that's it.  I think we all apologize too much for things we had nothing to do with.  I just said I'm not embarrassed.  

Honored Contributor

Here is the teaser clip from Monday's Today show:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-rio-summer-olympics/ryan-lochte-rio-incident-i-over-exaggerate...

At least his hair is a normal color and he actually admits it's his fault (that media consultant he hired is worth every penny he paid them).