Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ryan Lochte, et. al: THEY LIED

@ROMARY wrote:

If we want to mess-up our own house, it's one thing.  But, as a guest in someone else's 'house' (country), we should have the utmost respect...............Just simple manners, and I'd like to see strict Olympic protocol from now on.  Make them (the O. organization) emphasize the importance of being a respectful 'guest'.  Either abide by the O. rules, or out they go. 

I agree.  I'm a little confused by @september's post.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Physicsnut: Gabby Douglas is part of a military family and, according to her mother, they were taught to stand at attention or place the hand over the heart.  She choose to stand at attention respectfully.  Have you castigated Michael Phelps for his behavior on the medal stand?  He neither stood at attention or remained standing with a solemn affect. Gabby has been cyberbullied by a bunch of adults hiding behind their "hyper patriotism" who have not devoted their time or financial support to her achievements.  

Indeed, the swimmers are benefitting from privilege: how does an IOC official characterize thirty plus year-old Lochte a lad having fun?  His and his teammates lied in a manner that has resulted in incarceration and death for those wrongy accused.  Shame on them.

@physicsnut.  Excellent response by @Zernia Rose.

I come from a long line of military as well, and not placing her hand over her heart WAS disrespectful. Period.  Gabby is obviously jealous of her teammates and her attitude at these games was, to say the least, disgusting.  As far as Phelps, I did not see this happen, I did see Gabby. If Phelps did this, then, he too, was disrespectful. Lochte and his behavior is disgusting.

Kaepernick - quarterback of SF - has also disgusted me.  He is a spoiled brat and an ungrateful human being.  I am sure his parents feel the same way.

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Physicsnut: Gabby Douglas is part of a military family and, according to her mother, they were taught to stand at attention or place the hand over the heart.  She choose to stand at attention respectfully.  Have you castigated Michael Phelps for his behavior on the medal stand?  He neither stood at attention or remained standing with a solemn affect. Gabby has been cyberbullied by a bunch of adults hiding behind their "hyper patriotism" who have not devoted their time or financial support to her achievements.  

Indeed, the swimmers are benefitting from privilege: how does an IOC official characterize thirty plus year-old Lochte a lad having fun?  His and his teammates lied in a manner that has resulted in incarceration and death for those wrongy accused.  Shame on them.

@physicsnut.  Excellent response by @Zernia Rose.

I come from a long line of military as well, and not placing her hand over her heart WAS disrespectful. Period.  Gabby is obviously jealous of her teammates and her attitude at these games was, to say the least, disgusting.  As far as Phelps, I did not see this happen, I did see Gabby. If Phelps did this, then, he too, was disrespectful. Lochte and his behavior is disgusting.

Kaepernick - quarterback of SF - has also disgusted me.  He is a spoiled brat and an ungrateful human being.  I am sure his parents feel the same way.

Gabby is jealous of her teammates? Why and how so? For some reason every thread about Lochte you have to mention Gabby Douglas, why????? What does not holding your hand over your heart have to do with being a spoiled brat? Is this the same as not wearing red, white and blue the fourth of July in your opinion?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Is this true???