Trusted Contributor

Re: Rudeness In Stores Not Caring About Customers!

@sparklestar wrote:

I was standing in line at the Post Office one busy day and they had one person working the window.  One man in the middle of the line decided he was going to make a spectacle out of himself and began to put down the person working the window by making loud comments about how slow he was.  No one said a word.  Finally I had enough of him and I suggested that if he had no patience maybe he should wait outside until it was his turn.  I said the worker is doing the best he can and you're not helping.  He shut up.

Interesting you said this.  Also happened to hubby and me in a Hospital.  A potential patient came into the waiting room complaining loudly about the signage in the parking lot, complaining loudly about prices and she wasn't going to pay if her insurance did not pay, complaining about the staff and how ignorant they were......etc.  After 10-15 minutes,  my husband and I stood up and said it was very impolite to be treating the staff in that fashion and we were leaving.  We did.  Later, when we had the strength to return, the entire staff came out and thanked us.  They said they were forbidden to defend themselves from this kind of verbal onslaught and were so grateful that we did so.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Yet the stores have large perfume counters, and the Q sells lot of fragrant s.

Stores sell guns, doesn't mean you are free to shoot people.

Stores sell cigarettes, doesn't mean you can blow smoke in their faces. 

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

It might have been one store that day for her, but read my post, the rudeness and being invisible is out there everyday for the elderly.  Now having said that, some elderly are rude themselves, but on the whole, the younger society today have been thought no manners because their parents have no manners.  Their noses have been on the iPhone and iPad too much and not on their children.

On the positive side, there are still some decent people out there.  For example, a young man helped me yesterday at the AMIMAL Er, carrying my cat cage for me, while the staff stood around and didn,t even catch the door as I was struggling.

Rudeness knows no age distinctions.  I quite frankly have never seen a very young person be intentionally rude to someone providing a service.  I have seen lots of seniors behave as though the person waiting on them is a servant. 

I've seen youngsters be totally oblivious to what's going on around them because they're playing with their phone. I've seen seniors talking at the tops of their voices on their phones while out in public--lots of them.  I see seniors driving with the phone to their ear, weaving all over the place.  I see seniors who hold their finger up for a "just a minute" while standing at a counter in order to finish their phone call, while the sales person and everyone else waits on them.  Far more seniors than the young doing this stuff in my experience.

I am so weary of this endless, mindless mantra that the young are totally without manners because of their parents.  Guess what?  Those posting here and doing all the complaining ARE those parents.  

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

It might have been one store that day for her, but read my post, the rudeness and being invisible is out there everyday for the elderly.  Now having said that, some elderly are rude themselves, but on the whole, the younger society today have been thought no manners because their parents have no manners.  Their noses have been on the iPhone and iPad too much and not on their children.

On the positive side, there are still some decent people out there.  For example, a young man helped me yesterday at the AMIMAL Er, carrying my cat cage for me, while the staff stood around and didn,t even catch the door as I was struggling.

Rudeness knows no age distinctions.  I quite frankly have never seen a very young person be intentionally rude to someone providing a service.  I have seen lots of seniors behave as though the person waiting on them is a servant. 

I've seen youngsters be totally oblivious to what's going on around them because they're playing with their phone. I've seen seniors talking at the tops of their voices on their phones while out in public--lots of them.  I see seniors driving with the phone to their ear, weaving all over the place.  I see seniors who hold their finger up for a "just a minute" while standing at a counter in order to finish their phone call, while the sales person and everyone else waits on them.  Far more seniors than the young doing this stuff in my experience.

I am so weary of this endless, mindless mantra that the young are totally without manners because of their parents.  Guess what?  Those posting here and doing all the complaining ARE those parents.  

I can guarantee you that in every era, every century, every decade, there have been rude people.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

This is just an observation just like to throw it in. LOL (never heard of splitting a salad)

I was at the post office the other day and this young girl was in there with the shortest short shorts I ever saw in my life. Thought at first she had left home with her panties on LOL just barely covered her cheeks if she had bent over , well, it would had been a riot at the post office LOL Guess she kept a razor handy. ROFL

@SharkE, those shorts are horrible!!!!  Seems all the young girls are wearing them, & like you they are the shortest short shorts ever!  At Disneyworld, talk about a fashion NO NO place.. Now back to the program at hand..  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

not to nice to look at either when they're digging them out of their crotch or butt. LOL

Super Contributor

Unfortunately, we are living in a "reality TV" world.  Society has come to accept the behavior they see on reality tv!  Very, very sad!

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

My mom wore Jean Nate. 

After she passed, I bought a bottle to remind me of her.

I have thought about doing that many times.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I used to love Jean Nate back when I was in high school.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel grateful that where I live I have not encountered any rudeness (so far).  We are mostly rural folks who shop in familiar places where others know us.  I cannot imagine anyone who was employed at that store agreeing with a customer and at the same time making fun of someone.  I think reporting this to the management might have been my first step.