Regular Contributor

Rudeness In Stores Not Caring About Customers!

Was shopping in local grocery store and it was crowded for the Holiday.Elderly Lady was dressed so nice and it had taken her some time and effort  to look this way.We were talking waiting to be checked out she was visiting from out of town and was wearing some fragrance her granddaughter had given her as a gift.It was Beautiful and I had worn it myself.Next lane some woman  made a wise crack about the fragrance and the checker replied yes you can always smell it a mile away.......It was not offensive at all and it really hurt this Lady.......I tried to assure her she was just fine not  to worry that she had on too much.She wore it for her granddaughter to make her happy.......Why can't people just keep their thoughts to themselves....Checker in her 20's so rude.....Customer 40 plus no class at all. Just made me so angry and I felt the hurt for Lady standing beside me.......Yes we knew who she was talking about....Yes I know about too much fragrance but wrong in this case.......No manners anymore!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Rudeness In Stores Not Caring About Customers!

welcome to the 21st century.  society is "reaping what it sowed"  remember---"can't hurt their self esteem"?  hello, the chickens have now come home!

hnj

hckynut(john)
Contributor

Totally agree with you...people can be so rude and classless.   My mom's favorite fragrances were Estee and Beautiful and I like to spray them just to be reminded of her. She never put on too much!   My daughter says Estee smells like Grandma. I also  find it strange that the salespeople, cashiers, waiters, etc, tend to ignore older people and just talk to the younger person with them. Very rude

Honored Contributor

That was one unfortunate incident in one single store.  So, your title unfairly insults store cashiers in general.  I thought the post was going to be about stores in general.  Rude people are out there, they exist.  You and that lovely woman were unlucky enough to encounter two of them.  You probably enountered scores of other people that day and two rude axx holes.  Pity them and move on.  That woman was lucky enough to encounter you and I'm sure that made up for the ugliness. 

Esteemed Contributor

So much of this rudeness happens.  Like, someday those who are mouthing off won't get tagged for things they say or do won't get called out on the carpet. 

I don't kow when but it seemsed like the late 1970's and up to now, the talks shows (those that have come and gone) have encourage youth to just have their say without any thought to others positions, experience or feelings.  Like the dumb are all of a sudden the intelligent of the world.  Also goes for the unattractive as well. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

that is awful. I don't care if the elderly smell good or bad, we are supposed to be kind.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So it is okay to call people rude, say they do not care, and they have no manners, but it is not okay to comment on a fragrance?

Honored Contributor

I have asthma, so these strong scents, or the massive over-application of same, people wear a lot these days really takes me down.

That said, however, I have never said anything.  While offensive for sure, I don't think offense is meant by people wearing these strong scents.  But it is offensive to make snide remarks.   It's not always easy, but geez - they could have taken the high road, or whispered among themselves!

Honored Contributor

@pattiewaddle

The cashiers at our local grocery stores wear name tags. 

Also, cashiers name, employee code # as well as the time shows on the store receipt.

You could have reported the cashier's rudeness to the store manager by either going to the CS desk or call it in.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif