Respected Contributor

Re: Rudeness In Stores Not Caring About Customers!

@chickenbutt wrote:

Does anybody remember one called Jean Nate?   O-MG!  That stuff was so awful.  It would make me sick (literally) in a hot second.  It was from decades ago.

It was my mother's favorite fragrance.

After awhile, I had to go out of my way to find it.  She liked the big bottle you would splash on after a shower or bath.

It was quite a distinctive fragrance.  Would remind me of my mother.

Hyacinth   Cat Sad

Trusted Contributor

OMG!  I love Jean Nate!  I don't even like all the high-end fragrances.  Years ago I bought Bulgari for my son, it had a wonderful scent.  Along comes a girl that just reeks and she thought he should smell like the manly her, gag thousand maggots.

My favorites have always been---tu'jours moi, maja and I know they are strong, so I don't wear them anymore.   I never comment on the disgusting laundry soap or frabric softeners  smells that make me nauseous and that is always around and everwhere.

Why are all the fragrances so smelly, nowadays?  Is it because there isn't all the smoke from smoking? It used to be everyone smelled lovely. Not anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Best smell is plain soap and water.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people have fun

from being rude.  Too bad for them,

they just look childish when they're rude

imho.

😉

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

My mom wore Jean Nate. 

After she passed, I bought a bottle to remind me of her.

Honored Contributor

I agree that soap and water clean is the best smell but until they outlaw scents there will always be those that love to wear them.I can't stand chemicals from cleaning supplies and they make me gag and sometimes if they are overwhelming vomit but I don't expect people to stop their cleaning practices for me.In my home I use vinegar,and baking soda .

Respected Contributor

I was standing in line at the Post Office one busy day and they had one person working the window.  One man in the middle of the line decided he was going to make a spectacle out of himself and began to put down the person working the window by making loud comments about how slow he was.  No one said a word.  Finally I had enough of him and I suggested that if he had no patience maybe he should wait outside until it was his turn.  I said the worker is doing the best he can and you're not helping.  He shut up.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

What irks me is being in line somewheres and somebody cuts the cheese or needs deodorant.

@SharkE

My pet peeve is the smell of dirty hair and it is usually men.

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, people are becoming meaner and ruder.   Look at the politicians!   It's not just the younger generation.   Adults can be just as cruel and be just as mean as bullies. 

It's the "dumbing down" of our citizens.