Honored Contributor

Working at the foodbank - many volunteers because of the postal food drive yesterday. We all had our purses stting on a counter. So I notice a young woman goes into my purse and takes out a kleenex, odd but whatever, then I see her do it again 2 more times so I said , you know that is my purse , your welcome to the whole pak of kleenex but I'd appreciate if you wouldn't go in my purse - and I handed her the remainder of the kleenex I had. She said it was her purse, I said no it's mine, and I reached in to take out my wallet and show her my license. She said - Hey, that's not my wallet. and I said that's because this is my purse - and this is my wallet. She then waves the back of her hand at me and walks away. Holy cow - wouldn't you at least apologize? A little bit later as I was leaving she saw me and said I need to be certain I had the right purse, I said I do and walked out. However, before I got in the car I looked to be sure. She really skeeved me out, mostly because she didn't even seem to realize she had done something wrong and should apologize and because if I looked into someone else's purse thinking it was mine, I would surely recognize that this wasn't my stuff inside, but she did  not seem to realize.I did look to be sure nothing like cash or a cc was missingbecause sometimes these pickpockets can be pretty slick, but all she took were kleenex.

Esteemed Contributor

So, did her purse look like yours?

And yes, she should have appologised.

It's kinda like, when you are out shopping, and you go to your car, and try to get in, only to find that it isn't your car!

That has happened to me. 

It was embarrassing, but fortunatly, the owner of the mistaken car wasn't around.

If they had been, I would have said, "Ooops! Sorry!"

Esteemed Contributor

First, I would never leave my purse where the public had access.  Second, she wouldn't have got in it a second time.  I worked a church food bank for a while but soon realized it wasn't just for the needy, anyone that wanted free groceries was there and I got tired of listening to their complaints.  Now I volunteer at the spay/neuter clinic.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rude woman I met today

[ Edited ]

Yes, she was rude.  She should have apologized when it happened.

I guess if her purse looks identical to yours, it was an easy mistake.

I never would have let it happen a second time.  I would have closed my purse and kept it with me.  I never would leave my purse open and out for anyone to grab something out of. 

That's why a crossbody is vital in situations like that.  You can keep it on you at all times and don't have to worry about things like that in public. 

Honored Contributor

There was only this one place to lay a purse down where it was out of the way, and mine was the only one that looked like mine. It was my Tig  - navy blue, white and tan color block purse. Not something you would see coming and going. After I turned around from talking to her my girlfriend said Gee, talk about rude, eh! and we both shook our heads.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe she didn't have a purse like that...and was just trying to see if anyone would notice she had gotten into it before she walked away with it..you never know about people anymore...DW

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Honored Contributor

Thinking a cross-body bag would be a future use. No hands on it but yours then. You're very lucky it turned out o.k.

Honored Contributor

This was a woman I would estimate to be in her early 40s.I've seen her at church.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe take something like this: H208159.

That way you only take the essentials, keys, wallet, cell phone, and leave the rest at home, and that way she can't get to your stuff.