Super Contributor

Planning a trip from the San Jose CA, heading up North to the Redwood National State Parks 101 North to Oregon. In no particular order, these are the places we will be visiting.

I want to take my husband through, Fairfield (Sears Raceway) on up through Lake County on up to Eureka and back down the coast hwy through San Mateo, Marin, Sonoma, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, Monterey Bay.

Visiting family on the way that live in Stanislaus, Alameda County, Sonoma County, Mendocino County, Humboldt, and Shasta County.

It is in celebration of my husbands retirement! : ) Our first big road trip together.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

Honored Contributor

Love road trips!! Enjoy yourselves!!

Super Contributor

@qualitygal

Thank you!

I have a fear of flying, that will be the hard part of the trip!!! 51/2 hours over the ocean!

Honored Contributor

I'm that way too, I use to try to hold my breath over bridges. I try to avoid bridges over water. I think it's a balance thing.

Braclets have a way of making me feel balanced, so maybe you need to do some shopping. LOL. I use any reason I can. LOL

Honored Contributor

I will drive miles to avoid the Broadway tunnel in SF..................(although I rode the subway when I lived in Chicago years ago)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm that way too, I use to try to hold my breath over bridges. I try to avoid bridges over water. I think it's a balance thing.

Braclets have a way of making me feel balanced, so maybe you need to do some shopping. LOL. I use any reason I can. LOL

@qualitygal, what about the bridges around St. Petersburg Florida?  they featured them on the movie "True Lies" where Jamie Lee Curtis is in a runaway limo on that long stretch of bridge and goes from hitting one side of guard rails to the other.

Honored Contributor

@Deb1010yetagain, a few years back we visited my B&SIL at their place in Fla. on our way to Disney, and they took us over one heck of a long bridge, it was beautiful. Gave up breath holding on that too, plus the one that crosses lower and upper MI. Now that one was scarier to me.

Super Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I will drive miles to avoid the Broadway tunnel in SF..................(although I rode the subway when I lived in Chicago years ago)

@Desertdi

I am familiar with the Oakland Bay Bridge and San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge.

I do get nervous on the Bay Bridge because of earthquakes!

Valued Contributor

They built a whole new section of the bay bridge that is suppose to withstand any earthquake. It opened in late 2013.

Your trip sounds wonderful. You will see some beautiful country!

ETA: I hope you get a chance to go to the Monterey Bay aquarium. It is really great.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

Planning a trip from the San Jose CA, heading up North to the Redwood National State Parks 101 North to Oregon. In no particular order, these are the places we will be visiting.

I want to take my husband through, Fairfield (Sears Raceway) on up through Lake County on up to Eureka and back down the coast hwy through San Mateo, Marin, Sonoma, Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte, Monterey Bay.

Visiting family on the way that live in Stanislaus, Alameda County, Sonoma County, Mendocino County, Humboldt, and Shasta County.

It is in celebration of my husbands retirement! : ) Our first big road trip together.

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

@sunshine&rainbows

Note:  Sears Point Race way is not in Fairfield and it has a new name  Also, if you're going to Monterey, be sure to continue down Highway 1 for several miles and take the Ocean Avenue exit for a visit to Carmel.