Honored Contributor

Re: Ring on the Left Ring Finger

Has he shown interest in dating you?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

At what age does a man stop wearing a class ring?

My husband and son still wear their college rings.  My father wore his until the day he died.

Honored Contributor

OP didn't mention approximately  how old this man is ..... but I can tell you, from personal experience, that since I developed arthritis my right hand ring size is slightly larger than the corresponding left finger.   My left ring finger size is 7 and my right hand ring finger is size 7 1/2.    

Regular Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

My husband wore his fathers masons ring before we were married. I don't know any men that wear a class ring as a wedding ring. 

My mother passed away when I was young and she left me specifically her engagement ring. When I was old enough I wore it every day and the ONLY finger it fit on was my left ring finger. My Mom had very petite fingers and there was no room to have it sized so that's where I wore it.

It could just be a simple explanation so don't be afraid to ask. It could lead to an interesting conversation.

Trusted Contributor

lol I need to be more upfront with him. I don't see him as much as I'd like and don't want to ask him his marital status right away because it may make him feel strange.
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:
It looks kind of like a class ring.

@JBKO

If he also shows any interest in you, you have a right and an obligation to ask if he's married.  It's all in how you do it, you can be casual about it.

The obligation is because you don't want to get involved with a married man, you or someone else would get hurt.

Ask Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'd probably wait and see if there is mutual interest.  Like if you go on a date or something.

Neither my husband or I wear our wedding rings so I never see any significance in them.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Married men don't always wear their rings...if they do and sometimes  remove their rings you should look for the small line of indentation on the left ring finger.

if you don't want to ask then take your cue from conversation. when you chat him up,  most married men will react by deftly and promptly mentioning  their wives.

i.e

you:  i love this nice fall weather!  the leaves are gorgeous! hope it lasts til the weekend!

him:  yes, my wife mentioned we should take a drive out to the Berkshires on Saturday

Honored Contributor

We women have to get over being reluctant to ask things about a man and other issues that could affect us.

Our well being depends on it, and if some guy is going to balk at telling you if he's married or not, take it as a red flag and move on.

Honored Contributor

Call me old-fashioned, but a ring on the left ring finger means "married".