Respected Contributor

@JBKO wrote:
Thanks everybody. I have tried googling him and it was easy to find him since he has an uncommon first name. His last name, however can be pretty common so it is hard to narrow down the women that appear when I search him. Just gotta put more time into it. I really, really like him though!

Isn't that stalking?  LOL   It would all be over by now one way or another if you just invited him to coffee.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ring on the Left Ring Finger

@Bridgegal wrote:

Ha, college ring for sure.  That's where I went to college. 

Seems like if he was married, he'd wear that ring on his right hand and a wedding band on his left.   If you are going to wear a ring, you'd wear a wedding ring too.  But who knows with men!!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Most of the graduates of the school my husband attended wear their ring on their left hand. Many also wear it with a wedding band.

Regular Contributor

OP, if he's interested in you, he will approach you and ask you out. Then you can ask him about his ring.

Regular Contributor

Why should they stop wearing a class ring???  I mean, I know men who wear their college class rings on their left hand and not a wedding ring.  There are men of a certain generation who just never wore wedding bands.  My father was one of them.  I also worked for a gentleman who wore his class ring on his left hand and unless he has lost a lot of weight, probably still does.  He is of the depression generation and I am sure he worked really hard to go to college and is proud of it.  Also, please remember that wedding bands come off as easily as they go on.  Got this information from my deceased, cheating husband, so I think he was actually telling me information before I heard it from our group of "friends".  Silly me, I thought it meant something special.......guess I am stupid.

Respected Contributor

Knowing me, I would probably say... "Dude, are you married or what?".  No beating around the bush needed on that one!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JBKO  I found this topic interesting.  Let me start by saying DH and I have been married for 42 years and we don't wear rings.  Rings are too dangerous for DH to wear while working and I got too fat (I'm working on that though).

My friend is 61 years old and freezes up when she likes a man.  She literally can't talk or think of anything to say if she is around a man she is attracted to.  She literally goes blank.  I feel so sorry for her, but she will most likely die alone.  I've told her she needs to be aggressive and she knows that, but she just can't be.  And YES she does want someone.  She states that in almost every conversation we have.  I tell her a man isn't just going to walk down your sidewalk and knock on the door!  You have to go out looking.

I'm just telling you now that you need to be aggressive and go after what you want.  But first, you must find out if he is married.

I would just say like another poster said, "nice shirt (tie or whatever), did your wife or girlfriend buy it for you?  If he says Yes, you have your answer.  If he says "no I bought it" then say "oh she is lucky that you have great taste" and he will have to respond with either he is married or not.

Go from there on the conversation.  Just do it!  Before long you will be 60 and lonely like my friend is.