Honored Contributor

Richard Simmons' Weight Loss Studio in L.A. To Close in November

Richard Simmons opened his iconic weight loss studio where he taught to Dancin' to the Oldies in 1974.  It will close on November 19th.  According to this article, he hasn't taught there in two years. 

http://people.com/celebrity/richard-simmons-close-slimmons-studio-in-los-angeles/

Honored Contributor

Re: Richard Simmons' Weight Loss Studio in L.A. To Close in November

[ Edited ]
Sincerely wish him well. He helped many people.💓
Esteemed Contributor

Although his people say he's fine, I haven't seen him making TV appearances in years. It's like he's disappeared. It's hard to believe he would ever close his studio, b/c his life was helping those losing weight. Also, he took on the obese, 4,5,and 600 lbs. helping them along through their journey.

There has been all kind of gossip about him. Tragic gossip. I hope if he's not well, he is seen again soon. I can't imagine him retiring unless he's just not well. I think he did a lot of good for many people.

Trusted Contributor

It has to be time for him to retire.  I would think he is tired.

Honored Contributor

He seems such a sweet and dear person!  I hope he is well.  I believe he did so much to inspire people and that he really enjoyed helping others!  Whatever he is doing now, I hope he is happy and enjoying life! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Many years ago I worked with a woman who was quite overweight. She was a single mom with a deadbeat ex.

She wrote to Richard and explained her situation and wanted to know if she could buy his tapes on a time payment plan. He wrote her a nice note and sent her the tapes for free. I've liked him ever since. I think he really cares about helping people.

I hope he is well and happy.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

TO everything turn, turn, turn,

there is a season, turn, turn, turn

and a time to every purpose unto Heaven.

to everything there is a season.

(Chad and Jeremy I believe).

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Although his people say he's fine, I haven't seen him making TV appearances in years. It's like he's disappeared. It's hard to believe he would ever close his studio, b/c his life was helping those losing weight. Also, he took on the obese, 4,5,and 600 lbs. helping them along through their journey.

There has been all kind of gossip about him. Tragic gossip. I hope if he's not well, he is seen again soon. I can't imagine him retiring unless he's just not well. I think he did a lot of good for many people.

@febe1  Did you read the article I posted in the first post?  He's had knee problems now for several years.   I am about his age and also have a bad knee problem now and there is no way I could teach an exercise class.   His knee problem to me is a perfectly legitimate reason for not doing his exericing routine any more. 

As for the gender change, Simmons has denied that several times.  That was speculation.  So I'm not going to believe that unless it actually happens.  That was "the rumor" when Jenner started transitioning.  And that's when Simmons denied it.  I'm willing to believe the knee story at this point more than that, unless I hear it from Simmons' mouth or see it in genuine photos of him.

Trusted Contributor

I really hope he is okay.  He seems so fragile and valuneable.   Those reports a while back had me very concerned and now this.  🙏