Trusted Contributor

Returns ... and email notification

[ Edited ]

Tuesday I received a Barbara Bixby necklace - which promptly was returned the next day.  I have given up on the necklaces and bracelet with the hoop closure - another story for another day.

I live in a hi-rise.  Our deliveries are logged in by the person working the front desk.  We receive delivery notifications via email and text.  Our returns are also left on the countertop - at the same desk.  HOWEVER - we are notified by the Post Office (?) when our packages are picked up for return to vendor.  The only items I return are Barbara Bixby (with the exception of the FitBits).  I could swear I would received an email notification EACH TIME the post office would pick-up. I did not receive any notice on Wednesday.  In addition - the Lobby where I reside is undergoing a massive renovation job with a lot of workers hanging around.  

Has anyone experienced an inconsistancy in notifications of pick-ups ?  Our regular mailman is also on vacation.

Respected Contributor

Re: Returns ... and email notification

Are you saying that the post office (or organization picking up your item) tells you when they have done so?  This has never happened to me.

Are you saying that the person who works in your lobby tells you when your item has been picked up? I don't live in a high rise and can't address this.

Are you saying that QVC alerts you when you return an item?  This has happened to me, but not consisently. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

If I have a return I drop it off at the post office and since I always use the QVC label I will get an e-mail notice the next day from QVC that my return is on its way (after the post office has scanned the label).  Did you use the QVC prepaid return label?

Trusted Contributor

Yes - I used the Q label - this is why I am concerned.   We have a basket - nothing fancy - for Post Office mail to be picked up by the postman.   The desk person DOES NOT log outgoing mail - just the incoming packages.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will always take the time and drive to my post office to drop off my own returns.  I frankly don't trust my mail people to turn them in for me.  I have substitute mail people often.  I get incorrect mail deliveries sometimes and when I tape the letter to the outside of my mailbox WITH a note indicating 'wrong address' the mail person doesn't even see it to take it. 

Only unless I have my regular delivery mail guy and can catch him I'll give a large box and/or heavy one to him, otherwise I'll turn it in myself.  I always will have an email within hours or the very next day that my return is on it's way back to a q warehouse.

Respected Contributor

Since you used the Q label if you log into your Order Status on QVC you can find that order for the Bixby item and then to the right of it there is an option for return information and then you can click on track your return.  Maybe that would help?

Valued Contributor

I used to put my returns to Q w/Q label in my mailbox for mailman to pick up.  But I found that sometimes it would take up to 3 days before my item got scanned.

Now I take ALL Q returns w/Q label directly to my post office - I ask for a receipt and they scan it right in front of me. Within 24 hours I receive email from Q that my return is on its way.

Honored Contributor

I'm terribly cynical about the honesty around me, so I always figure that the fewer the people who get to handle anything, the more likely it is to get where it belongs.

I can see that leaving outgoing mail in a basket in a building lobby would be far easier than carrying it to the post office, but I'd be making every effort to do my own mailing.  No temptations for anyone working in the lobby, living in the building, or coming in to pick up the mail and get it to the PO.  That cust many people out of the return path. 

I've never had a return go wrong, but I'm still not even terribly comfortable dropping a package off at the PO myself let alone letting someone else do it for me.

I would hope OP gets return info soon.  I do think she will.

Honored Contributor

I hope nobody took it.  I would be very skeptical about leaving things like that. 

Hopefully, you'll get a notification that your return is being processed.  I imagine it's an unsetting feeling until then...

Esteemed Contributor

Ask the lobby if the mail carrier picked up your out-going package.

You said that there was a sub on the route that day.

It is quite possible that the sub forgot to send you an e-mail that the package was picked up.