Respected Contributor

Return tp purchase percentage?????

Does anyone have an idea on what is used for a percentage or guideline for your purchases versus your returns before you get a warning letter. I don't know how this is calculated but I do have some returns for fit problems and some for just not liking what I bought.

Respected Contributor

Re: Return tp purchase percentage?????

I've read both 40% and 50%.

Esteemed Contributor

When I read the thread title, "Return TP Purchase Percentage?", my first thought was, "People return toilet paper?" *lol*

I know that it was a typo, but that was my first thought! *lol*

Honored Contributor

If a person returned 40-50% of what they bought from a store, why would you keep shopping there?????

Esteemed Contributor

We all have to be careful and choose wisely when it comes to QVC purchases.  I wasn't aware of the new delivery prices/policy when I ordered a dress and a pair of shoes from them this past summer.  I was charged $3.00 each for both items to ship to me.  The dress was too big and the shoes were too small, charge to return items was, $6.95 each.. The new policy left a bad taste in y mouth, I'm reluctant to buy any clothing items again. 

My last purchase was a pair of Honora earrings, within a week, the price was lowered by $25.00!!!! Yes, I did receive a refund. 

Check your receipts for double s/h charges which has been mentioned several times on other threads but also check the prices of purchases to see if it has gone on sale.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

My elderly mom, who has shopped with QVC since 1990, wasn't even aware of the new shipping policies,  I told her when why went into affect, but I think she forgot me telling her.  She shops a lot for clothes and I told her the other day how much money she is losing, so now she crams multiple items into one box and sends them back.  I tiold her this is risky considering someone opening the box may not count everything.  

I wonder how many long time QVC shoppers don't understand the return charges?  

Honored Contributor

castlenv wrote:

If a person returned 40-50% of what they bought from a store, why would you keep shopping there?????

You probably wouldn't continue to shop there.  But purchasing something in a store where you can see it in person, try it on if necessary, etc. is different from ordering something seen on TV, catalog or internet.  And I know that the hosts continue to say, "Once you've found your QVC size...".  Well, sizing isn't as uniform as it used to be--and not just at QVC.  Many times I've ordered two items of clothing, either different colors or even sometimes the same color, and had them be different measurements.  In a store, I could know that before I purchased it and therefore would have no need to return it.

Along with that, the reason for returns should be examined.  Lately, I've had every one of my packages arrive to me totally mangled (both from UPS and USPS).  Luckily, nothing inside was damaged.  But if I have to return something because it was damaged in shipment, or because QVC got my order wrong, it should not be counted against me for returning it.  I don't know if they allow for this, or simply look at the total number of returns, period.

I agree that some people carry the generous return policy too far, but I do think that all companies that sell online should be more lenient simply because the customer doesn't have the same options as in brick and mortar stores.

Respected Contributor

Very good question.  

Esteemed Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

Because you liked 50-60% of what you bought?  Nowadays, with sizing and quality issues a problem just about everywhere, I'm thinking if you liked/kept 50-60%, that's not too bad!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

If you were buying in a B&M store, you wouldn't be returning.  You would get to touch and try on, and if it wasn't up to your expectations you would simply put it back on the shelf.  But with "mail order" shopping, you have to buy the item in order to touch and try it on.  Then if it doesn't work for you, you have to return.  Apples and oranges.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett