Honored Contributor

Report Issued in JonBenet Ramsey Case - Lacey Shouldn't Have Cleared Ramseys!

[ Edited ]

New report issued in JonBenet Ramsey case according to the NY Post:

"DNA evidence in the killing of JonBenét Ramsey does not support a former prosecutor’s decision to clear the girl’s relatives in her death, according to an explosive new report revealing new information to the public for the first time in the 1996 killing.

But the evidence, experts told the Boulder Daily Camera and 9NEWS, revealed that the DNA samples recovered from the long johns came from at least two people in addition to JonBenét. That’s something Lacy’s office was told, according to documents obtained by the news organizations, but a fact that Lacy did not mention when clearing the Ramseys.

The existence of a third person’s genetic markers has never previously been publicly revealed, according to the report, which also raised the possibility that the original DNA sample recovered from JonBenét’s underwear could be a composite and not from a single individual.

“It’s a rather obvious point, but I mean, if you’re looking for someone that doesn’t exist, because actually it’s several people, it’s a problem,” Troy Eid, a former US Attorney for Colorado, told reporters Charlie Brennan of the Daily Camera and Kevin Vaughan of 9NEWS. ...

The experts contacted by the news organizations also found that the DNA profile referred to as Unknown Male 1, which was identified during testing on JonBenét’s panties, may not be the DNA of a single person, but instead a composite of genetic materials from several people, thus making it potentially “worthless” as evidence."

@LoriLLori   you need to read this.  It's here in Community Chat where it belongs, not in TV and Movies forum:

read the entire story here (entire story is worth reading!):

http://nypost.com/2016/10/28/new-dna-twist-in-jonbenet-ramsey-murder/

Honored Contributor

Re: Report Issued in JonBenet Ramsey Case - Lacey Shouldn't Have Cleared Ramseys!

wow is all i can say

Honored Contributor

Re: Report Issued in JonBenet Ramsey Case - Lacey Shouldn't Have Cleared Ramseys!

That's the same paper that posted a picture of two innocent men and accused them of planting the bombs at the Boston marathon.

I'll wait until a reputable news source verifies anything said in the Post.

Respected Contributor

The DNA does not match the Ramseys.

It's from an unknown person or persons. 

I don't know how this implicates them at all. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

That's the same paper that posted a picture of two innocent men and accused them of planting the bombs at the Boston marathon.

Every single newspaper - even the most reputable ones - has made mistakes.  

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

The DNA does not match the Ramseys.

It's from an unknown person or persons. 

I don't know how this implicates them at all. 

@bri20  Nobody says it implicates them.  But it doesn't clear them.  It could very well have come from people who handled it in the manufacturing process.   The Ramseys certainly shouldn't have been cleared - and with apologies to boot! - from that DNA.  Certainly you wouldn't even argue with that, or would you?  Your sentence carried the point of the article too far.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

yes.....its the new york post......

if this article or this information was posted in a more REPUTABLE news source then i would have more of a tendency to give the information credibility.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Someone in that family killed JonBenet, perhaps accidentally.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

yes.....its the new york post......

if this article or this information was posted in a more REPUTABLE news source then i would have more of a tendency to give the information credibility.

@sunshine45    @ChynnaBlue

Ditto.   I don't know why some people think the NY Post is a legitimate news source.   It's for amusement and laughs,  at best.  

Honored Contributor

The CBS report said her underwear was not made in America, and speculated the DNA on it could have been from packaging in the country of origin, which is why there is NO match to suspects.

The investigation team bought the same brand in a store, tested it while wearing gloves, and sure enough, there was unknown DNA on the underwear which had never been opened or touched in America before.