Honored Contributor

Re: Remembering Princess Diana On What Would Have Been Her 55th Birthday!

He did her wrong, she loved him,just the look she would give him, you could tell ,but he married her just to have children, camelia could not.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I do believe that the difference in their ages contributed to their 'so-so' (or whatever) marriage.   She was a young lady of about nineteen and he was significantly older.  It would be a tough adjustment for many/some married couples, I'm guessing.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Diana had an affair with her bodyguard before Charles went back to Camilla.

She talks about it in the Peter Settelin tapes.

Then she had an affair with James Hewitt, and chased after other men and caused trouble in their marriages - Oliver Hoare and Will Carling -

She was sweet but disturbed and unofficially diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

Charles is not the selfish person she made him out to be. I'm glad he is finally married to a woman who truly loves him.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

What a wonderful selfless woman.

She gave a new face to human suffering and pain.  It's always baffeling how Charles had an affair on her!  

His actions most likely caused her pain and what problems she had.

http://features.aol.com/video/remembering-princess-diana

@ECBG

With Camilla, no less!    Ugh!

She's dreadful.  If he could finally wind up marrying her, why bother with the charade with The Princess?  I am glad though, we got to know her and am grateful that she was a Princess for The People.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Though she tried the best she could, she was not able to hide the pain in her eyes.  They were always lowered and her head down.  She ws hurting and we will never know what was truly going on inside her soul.  Such a great loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SydneyH

It "appears" that Diana was unstable?   Well, maybe so, but maybe Charles' self-centeredness and infidelity contributed to her "instability".    I've known women who've had to deal with the humiliation of an unfaithful husband ...  and they weren't all that happy, either.  

If Charles was so in love with Camilla, he should have stood up to his mother.    But, personally, I've always thought he was a jack-a$$.   

Or...............Diana, after being told time and time again about the relationship could have bypassed the desire to become a Princess by marrying a man who didn't love her.  So yes, my earlier coment stands.

Could be she did it for the greater good as well.  When you love someone who doesn't appear to love you back, does that stop you from loving them?  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

What a wonderful selfless woman.

She gave a new face to human suffering and pain.  It's always baffeling how Charles had an affair on her!  

His actions most likely caused her pain and what problems she had.

http://features.aol.com/video/remembering-princess-diana

@ECBG

With Camilla, no less!    Ugh!

Charles is not totally to blame....really blame the British monarchy system.... Charles had to marry a certain type of woman.....he could not marry who he really loved. He and Diana were I basically an arranged marriage.  They were destined to a life of unhappiness under the guise of  a perfect royal marriage. That is what likely caused her pain and problems as you put it.  Do not put it all on Charles.

@SeaMaidenI know "the heart loves who the heart loves" but not love Diana?  He must really be something!

Honored Contributor

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Honored Contributor

I think she was one of the most wonderful women to have ever lived. She may have had an unhappy marriage, but look at all the good she did. And look how her sons have turned out - due to both of them! I always thought, even after finding out what we all know now, that she and Charles looked like they were really in love when they were on their honeymoon in Scotland (back from the cruise where she found the bracelet meant for Camilla). I have also heard that the Queen Mother pushed their relationship. 

I always blamed Camilla. Charles fell deeply in love at a young age. I had heard that when he left for a year or two in Australia when he was young, he asked Camilla to wait for him and she said no. She went on to marry someone else, even knowing how he felt. Does anyone else remember learning this? 

I am learning for the first time that the Queen disapproved. You would think she would have been happy with a young Camilla. They both like horses and such. Camilla is such the opposite of Diana! 

Even if Diana tried to be interested in Charles' interests, it wouldn't have mattered. He was just in love with someone else. 

Her butler, Paul Burrell, now says she did find love with Dr. Hasnat Khan. I met Mr. Burrell at a social event some years ago. I had the chance to ask him anything, and I didn't want to ask him about anything controversial. I asked him about the boys. William and Kate were not married at the time, so he told me some harmless stories about when they were young. I also mentioned that I thought Diana was so beautiful and always looked so nice. Of course he agreed! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Diana had an affair with her bodyguard before Charles went back to Camilla.

She talks about it in the Peter Settelin tapes.

Then she had an affair with James Hewitt, and chased after other men and caused trouble in their marriages - Oliver Hoare and Will Carling -

She was sweet but disturbed and unofficially diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

Charles is not the selfish person she made him out to be. I'm glad he is finally married to a woman who truly loves him.

Do you have sources you can share?  I would love to read about Diana, Princess of Wales....

*Call Tyrone*