Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recs for a good Canadian pharmacy

@Kachina624

I'm happy to give them my business and will be doing so at every opportunity. 

Just tired of paying so much for drugs!

Valued Contributor

As I said on another thread, I get my insulin in Canada. I use the Humalog Quik pen and am on an advantage plan. At the cost here it would put me in the dreaded gap by June. Without insurance here 2 boxes of 5 pens each would cost $1200 more or less depending on the RX. I get 2 boxes of 5 pens each, same maufacturer and same serial number, for $129. With american cash it is even less. In British Co. it is sold over the counter. I am fortuneate to have relatives in B.C. and they bring some when coming down to the states. I also live close enough to the border where I can get my own. I got them at a Walmart in Canada. BC does not take prescriptions from the states though you will have to go to another province for that. Sad that we have to go outside the US for meds. I know lots of people who go to Mexico for the same reason. They have had no problem. Good luck in your endeavor to afford your meds.

Esteemed Contributor

@allaries

The cost you would have to pay for insulin is just crazy!

I am so happy for you that you can get the same drug for so much less.  What a blessing!

I have paid for good health insurance my entire life.  As a former Federal employee, I still have a portion of the cost covered and I think heavens for that.  I must have coverage for myself and DH, so it is a substantial amount for me to pay every month.  Again, I am thankful to be able to do so.  But, add to that the cost of drugs and it can be a real burden.  I worry about those with inadequate coverage!

I am currently purchasing Lantus insulin for one of my kitties and 5 pens at Walgreens were over $400!  Not sure I can get it from Canada, but going to look into it.

I'm not looking for something for nothing, but it just doesn't seem right to pay so much when it is less elsewhere.