Super Contributor

Has anyone ever sold vinyl records? In the course of painting and redecorating I came across many 45's and albums. The 45's don't have any sleeves but the albums have sleeves and covers.

I searched for my 45's on ebay and see a few of mine are worth $30 or so assuming there's a buyer. The rest are in the $2.00-$10.00 range. This is a time consuming task. Not sure it's worth trying to list them and I haven't used ebay in years to buy or sell.

I'm going to see if there's any local places who might be interested in them.

Just wondering what you may have done with your old records.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Super Contributor

I have found there is no market for old 45s ... I have almost 150 of them from the 1950s ... put them in garage sales and people wanted them for 10¢ each ...

Called a store that sells them ... they wanted $6 per hour to listen to them to make sure they were in good condition ...

I put an ad in the shopper and only got one response ... a fella came to look them over ... he only bought one and gave me $4 for it ...

These are all hits from the 50s ... I kept them all this time ... but there just does not seem to be any interest ...

Good luck to you ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Super Contributor

DS had a couple of boxes of records and no one wanted to pay more than a few cents each. I don't know what he finally did with them.

Super Contributor

Vinyls are back in style but cost a fortune now. Albums might fetch a few dollars but the 45's would not.

It would depend upon the artist; sleeves and covers are important as you know.

You might just try eBay - somebody is always looking for something vintage. Especially if you sell them in a set - like 4 albums together.

Super Contributor

I think most of my 45's are from the 1950's also. And I probably have 125-150.

Maybe I'll donate them to the Goodwill. I see they only sell them for $1.16 if it's an album or 45.

I actually still have a Marantz stereo record player and receiver which I don't use. Not sure why I hung on to the player or records so long.

Think it's the kind of thing you just store and forget about it unless you're really into this stuff.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown
Super Contributor

Charming: Darn - I wish I knew you. I'd be interested in the albums. I've bought some vintage ones before for my son.

Super Contributor

I was in Target the other day and was surprised to see they sell record players and then someone told me records and players are making a comeback.

Super Contributor
On 2/26/2015 Charming1 said:

I was in Target the other day and was surprised to see they sell record players and then someone told me records and players are making a comeback.

That' what I posted earlier. And vinyls have been making a comeback for many years - they're just becoming more popular now with updated players in the market.

I saw some in B&N for over $20 considering they were only about $3 when originally produced. lol

Respected Contributor

I would sell them in a lot. Cheaper for you and the buyer. I have bought 78s and wax cylinder records on ebay.