Regular Contributor

Whew!!!  I thought you were contemplating leaving and am glad that is not so!!  I don't know you like so many of the others but know you have dealt with health issues along with Cindy and really inspired many!! Hokeynut (aka John) I know you are about my age and if you can figure this board out, I eventually will too--maybe long about 2016!!

"You never know when the last time is the last time."

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

John, please don't leave. 

Image result for courage the cowardly dog

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Brittany - hi. 

I'm not trying to insert myself all up in John's business, however when I did a search on him he has been an established poster with the Hckynut name for some time.  (okay, I will now butt out of it)

Super Contributor

‎03-10-201012:36 AM
3,517 Posts
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

who are the bad guys?

I was just going to ask the very same question, it seems that the opposite is true and that the moderators have caught on to who really are the true bad guys. Notice the mass exodus?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

who are the bad guys?

I was just going to ask the very same question, it seems that the opposite is true and that the moderators have caught on to who really are the true bad guys. Notice the mass exodus?

Absolutely not true.  The "mass exodus" is a result of not wanting to deal with this new, confusing board, when there is another one which is very easy to use.  They are deleting posts "here" left and right but leaving the posters who are writing them.  For now, anyway.  Those posters need to be banned permanently, not just their posts.  Things would be a lot nicer around here without the nasty retorts of a couple of posters who just can't seem to blend in.

Honored Contributor

I suspect the problem is with the parentheses around your name (John).  Probably, for some reason, the new format doesn't like the use of "special" or "reserved" characters.  So, by eliminating them from your "new" nic, you've eliminated the problem.

This is only a guess on my part, but I can't think of any other possible reason.

But it's good to know you're sticking with us, John!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

LOL, while I can't speak for that poster, I took her words to mean that the people who decided to "upgade" this forum are the bad guys.

Now, I could very well be wrong, it happens. :-)

typo

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

who are the bad guys?

AND... notice the posters that are back this week after not seeing their nics around for quite awhile?   *eyeroll*

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

who are the bad guys?

AND... notice the posters that are back this week after not seeing their nics around for quite awhile?   *eyeroll*

And a fond hello to you to you tooHeart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson