Super Contributor

Random compliment - had to share!!

Dh and I were in Vegas this weekend. I happened to get in the elevator and noticed a gentleman wearing a T-shirt from my alma mater. We chatted about a recent football game and I asked if he was an alumnus or just a fan. He said Öh No I'm a graduate - I said me too, but a few years after you - he said what year and when I told him, he said "lady, do you live in a time machine??? I don't believe what you just said!!"

I smiled all day long!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Random compliment - had to share!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Sweet !

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Love it...that would make my year!
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Super Contributor

PS I'm about to turn 67!

Trusted Contributor

How nice for you! And a nice lesson for us all.....a couple of nice words spoken can make someone smile all day.

Respected Contributor

Contributor

A compliment left unsaid is merely a thought.

I was in the grocery store awhile back and noticed an elderly lady trying to reach the spices, which were very high up.... even for me and I'm 5'6". I saw her struggling and went over to her and asked if I could help. She looked surprised and asked if I could get her the cinnamon. She said she was baking for friends. I would guess her age to be in the 70's- 80's range. She was quite fragile, and told me she loved to bake but it was getting harder and harder because of her cancer. I almost cried. Her hair and makeup were perfectly done, she had pretty jewelry on and her clothes were very nice. I told her how beautiful she was and that she reminded me of my mother. I told her that I was very impressed knowing how ill she was, that she took the time and effort to look her best.

Her face lit up and I realized that those words to that sweet lady were the most caring and loving words I could have possibly said to her. I then gave her a gentle hug.

I am sick as well with several illnesses and it was painful for me to reach up for the cinnamon, but I just knew in my heart that it was something that would impact the both of us, and suddenly the pain didn't matter.

Super Contributor

On 10/21/2014 victorian vixen said:

A compliment left unsaid is merely a thought.

I was in the grocery store awhile back and noticed an elderly lady trying to reach the spices, which were very high up.... even for me and I'm 5'6". I saw her struggling and went over to her and asked if I could help. She looked surprised and asked if I could get her the cinnamon. She said she was baking for friends. I would guess her age to be in the 70's- 80's range. She was quite fragile, and told me she loved to bake but it was getting harder and harder because of her cancer. I almost cried. Her hair and makeup were perfectly done, she had pretty jewelry on and her clothes were very nice. I told her how beautiful she was and that she reminded me of my mother. I told her that I was very impressed knowing how ill she was, that she took the time and effort to look her best.

Her face lit up and I realized that those words to that sweet lady were the most caring and loving words I could have possibly said to her. I then gave her a gentle hug.

I am sick as well with several illnesses and it was painful for me to reach up for the cinnamon, but I just knew in my heart that it was something that would impact the both of us, and suddenly the pain didn't matter.

What a lovely thing you did!! Sometimes just a kind word or smile can make someone's day...you never know what someone might be going through...

Valued Contributor

Your story just made my day! Thanks for posting.