Trusted Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you bought Girl Scout cookies this weekend.

I haven't seen anyone around selling yet this year. My daughter sold them for quite a few years so we always had a bunch around. I used to love the thin mints but they don't love me anymore-Smiley Happy Sets my GERD off. My daughter did a lot fun things in Girl Scouts thanks to her cookie money, so I do always like buy from others when I see them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can pass them up no problem, hubs can't and isn't supposed to eat sugar any more than I am. So if I answer the door, I'll just say, "due to health issues" we can't eat those and it's the truth.

Donations are sugar-free.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your cookies.  I love them and many years, I do look foward to them.  But after, a month on WW;  there is no little sales person cute enough to make me buy a box of those things.....lol  

Honored Contributor

Ordered one box for my mother and so far, none for us.  Bet DH comes in with a least one box before long.  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

We have a GS cookie contest winner in our subdivision ( she gets to go to GS camp as the prize) so we support her efforts. Instead of buying and EATING the cookies we donate boxes to the US troops for whom this is a special treat.

We love our men and women fighting for our freedom and put our money where our mouth is (literally, lol).

Honored Contributor

A coworker sells them for her daughter. This is the last year and she is off to college. What will I do next year? 

Instant gratifcation - has the boxes on showcased on her desk and I bought 2 Lemonades and 1 Peanut Butter Patty? It is dipped in chocolate.

I went back a week later and bought 2 more Lemonades and 2 Samoas sp? I love the Lemonades and I find the Samoas too sweet but they are for my brother's family who loves them.

Valued Contributor

I haven't seen a Girl Scout selling cookies in my neighborhood for quite a few years. Most of the girls have gone off to college and the new younger families have babies and toddlers. Maybe in another five years we will have a new group!

When I sold GS cookies in the 1950's,  one box sold for 40 cents! I guess I'm really dating myself. Nice memories of a simpler time.

Honored Contributor

I ordered Thin Mints and Do-Si-Dos.  They're usually at my Kroger and Walgreen's on the weekends, but I haven't seen them this year.  They aren't showing as scheduled on the Girl Scouts page either.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I was a girl scout and sold lots of cookies. I would love to support Girl Scouts but cannot find any. They no longer come around to take orders and deliver. I was out yesterday shopping and did not see any anywhere. I should not need to run around looking for them. They should be doing their job and selling them.

Respected Contributor

I always buy cookies from the stands set up outside the grocery stores. The girls do the work and the parents are there in the background. This is safe for the children and the parents aren't pressuring co-workers.