Valued Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you bought Girl Scout cookies this weekend.

I bought two boxes of mint from one of my piano students, and she immediately delivered them. They were gone in one night!

Respected Contributor

I wish someone could pass me some through the computer, I coud use a Thin Mint. Smiley Happy

Wish I could have purchased. I would have!' There was a troop who sent boxes of cookies to members of our armed forces. A beautiful way to support the Scouts and not worry aout the calories.

I was a Girl Scout. Back then they were $1 for one box. LOL.  Of course, I didn't have to sell door-to-door. My mom  would line up potentiial buyers. We never had trouble selling them! Gone in a flash. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Back in the Stone Age when I was a brownie and sold them, they were 40 cents a box.  How much are they now?  

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

Back in the Stone Age when I was a brownie and sold them, they were 40 cents a box.  How much are they now?  

@Tyak   I'm not sure if they're the same price everywhere, but they're $4 a box here.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I will buy the cookies ( I sold them when they were 50 cents a box!) as long as the girls are selling them. If the parents are doing it for them, I won't buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not many Girl Scouts anymore.  I did see one troop this year outside Walmart but the mom's were selling the cookies.  The mom's also sell on the local online sites.  The girls don't do anything anymore so I don't buy.  And, they are way overpriced.

Honored Contributor

I make a donation as we do not care for GS cookies.

Honored Contributor

Last time I knew, it was $2 a box.   I just went online to see how much they are now (they don't make it easy!), just out of curiosity, and saw prices between $4 and $5 per box.   I can now see how people think they are too expensive now!

I saw that they are going to be set up at places around here on the 28th of this month but no info as to how much they are charging.