Respected Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you bought Girl Scout cookies this weekend.

I bought 3 thin mints so far.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen anyone selling them in my area yet- usually they are in front of every grocery store but not a single one yet. I don't take the cookies- I just give them money for them and tell them they can give the cookies to someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought 9 boxes today and will probably buy another 9 next week.  Everyone in my family loves them.  Yes I freeze most of them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you succumbed and bought Girl Scout cookies this weekend.

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

I have no problem buying cookies from a girl scout, but I just can't buy them from a parent.  My favorite little girl scouts drive now, so they retired.  I haven't seen any girl scouts this year.  If I did, I'd buy a couple boxes.

Agreed and I really do NOT like when parents come to work and put you on the spot and basically pressure you to buy cookies. My parents did not believe in doing that for a few reasons, one because it was MY responsibility to sell them (as per the Girl scout way) and two because they did not feel it was right to put co-workers on the spot like that. They felt uncomfortable when other people did it to them and they didn't want others to feel that way too.

Valued Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I resisted the temptation yesterday but have been thinking about them all day today. I just checked and found a place where I can buy them until 8pm tonight. I think I need to take a drive.

Marie Callendars is having a pie sale this month too. I'm doomed. Woman Sad

@SusieQ_2 we must be on the same craving schedule.  I just got an email today to a friend's daughter's page who is selling cookies.  So easy, just order online and have them shipped.  Too easy.

I was also craving PIE today so my darling husband actually bought one (blueberry) at the store.  Again, too easy!

Trusted Contributor

I'll have to stop by my local Kroger to see if they're outside selling them.  They've been there for the past couple years.  My boss's daughter used to sell them, but she grew up!  I love Thin Mints, Samoas, and Do-Si-Dos. I'm not into sweets (I'll take a steak over a piece of chocolate cake any day), but I love these. One of my friends mentioned on Facebook that they changed the recipe for the Trefoils, and they don't taste the same.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I know they're overpriced and not that great, but those little girls get me everytime. Today they were everywhere and while I'm usually immune this one Scout was so totally awesome, I bought four boxes from her. She took the time to describe each flavor and tell me which was her favorite, which was the best seller, which one she didn't like and her mother stood back and didn't interrupt. I was totally charmed. I bought two thin mints, one samoa and one that's some sort of cranberry shortbread (she recommended it and even used the term "sleeper.")

Now those boxes are staring at me from the counter. I think it's time for them to go into the very back of the freezer.

I like the way you told your story, @gardensla.

It inspired me to go online to find some, and the official site allows you to enter your zip code to see where they will be selling in your area.  The site says there were some out today at a local store, and they'll be back again tomorrow.  Since I was going out anyway, I think I will have to order some.

I'm hoping one of the scouts will be as enterprising as the one you met!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I bought 5 boxes from my friend's daughter, and left them with the troop.  They have to programs to donate the cookies to, one is cookies for troops and the other donates to a battered womens shelter.  I love that I can support the scouts and give the cookies to people who need them more than I do!

Honored Contributor

I would buy some if I had the opportunity, but no one sells anything door to door in my neighborhood.  I hear they sell them outside some of the markets on weekends, but I don't shop on weekends. 

If I worked in an office, I'd have no problem with parents letting me know that I could purchase through them.  It's a choice, not a demand.  

Respected Contributor

They hit me up at home a few weeks ago. I can never turn down Girl Scout cookies. I try to support all the kids in the neighborhood but sometimes it gets to be a lot. Not complaining about the cookies though 😊